Cleanliness of the dishware to the kitchenware are at the heart of every day-to-day IHG experience. To deliver a truly first-class service, we need an Stewarding Supervisor capable of ensuring the sanitation of our dining operations and run a well-oiled Stewarding team.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Supervising the stewarding function in assigned kitchen areas to promote overall cleanliness, sanitation and compliance with state and local health regulations.
- Maintains high levels of personal hygiene for self and enforces hygiene standards for team.
- Educating employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day's work.
- Coordinate with the Engineering department to schedule preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Determining the minimum and maximum stocks and control the par stocks of all materials and equipment and may conduct inventories as needed.
- Assist with other duties as assigned including, but not limited to, assistance with food dish-up, completing set-up sheets, assisting with set-up and break-down for various events, etc.
What We need from you:
- One year of experience in stewarding, kitchen maintenance, kitchen operations or similar.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service operation is preferred.
- You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds, standing up and moving about the kitchen, handling food, objects, products and utensils. bending, stooping and kneeling.
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
Salary range: $29 - $34 per hour
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.