Steward at voco Dubai The Palm (Pre-opening)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: voco™ - The Palm (DXBPJ)
Job number: EMEAA34035
Welcome to voco®, IHG’s new upscale brand.
Drawing on our years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco Hotels, gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels are connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that stand out from the crowd.
Becoming part of the family, everyone’s a host…
Every great stay starts with a great host, who are the beating heart of our hotels. Our teams are there when people need them but, give them space to relax. It’s these thoughtful touches that give our service the balance guests adore: natural and easy-going but, also friendly without being over the top.
voco Dubai Palm The Palm is conveniently located on the trunk of the manmade island while being part of the newly launched “Palm West Beach”, a trendy and vibrant spot with an array of exceptional dining concepts. The 141 keys property is scheduled to open its doors to guests in late 2022.
Your day to day
Your responsibilities are:
- To perform all duties and tasks as per Master Task List of the Stewarding Department.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To perform tasks related to bottling filtered water, as per the hotel standards.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To perform general cleaning duties as assigned by the Supervisor Stewarding.
- To clean and wash dishes according to the established performance standards.
- To strictly adhere to the HACCP standards in the hotel.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all cleaning procedures, use of dishwashing machines and the type of chemicals to be used.
- To ensure that the work area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- To exercise careful use of operating supplies in order to reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To handle guest and employee inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
What we need from you
- 1 year related experience in similar role.
- Available to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence to consistently deliver and demonstrate voco™ service standards
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG, we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.