Starbucks Barista (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: Miami (MIAHA), 100 Chopin Plaza, 33131
Job number: 106417
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, and seven times TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day:
Great coffee memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents are as important as the service. As a Starbucks Barista, your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavor will complete each guest’s experience. By taking pride in your workspace, keeping your standards high, and giving our menu the benefit of your expertise, you’ll create some of our guests’ most lasting memories.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and serve menu items such as coffees, drinks, sandwiches, salads, etc in a prompt and professional manner. Follow food and beverage preparation and usage instructions to minimize waste.
- Up-sell menu items and specials to maximize food and beverage revenues. Work within policy to accommodate guests’ special food and drink requests.
- Ensure adequate supply of plates, utensils, napkins, and other supplies throughout shift; replenish/restock supplies and inventory according to established procedures and guidelines
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to refrigerators, display cases, counters, and seating areas. Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or maintenance problems to management.
- Receive and process customer payments according to established cash handling policies and procedures to ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all pre-shift and post-shift duties, side-work, and related paperwork.
What we need from you:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic math
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
•True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
•True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
•True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
•True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
What we offer:
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.