Sr. Sales Manager
Hotel Brand: EVEN Hotels
Location: United States, New York, New York
Hotel: New York - Midtown East (NYCEV), 221 East 44th Street, 10017
Job number: 109177
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Accounts (new and existing).
- Must prospect daily for business to create a healthy pipeline.
- Create and execute direct sales plan specific to market assignment.
- Promote local awareness through maintaining relationships with local organizations and tourism authorities.
- Conduct site tours to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel services available; entertain customers on property, during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate.
- Excellent knowledge of account management systems while utilizing as an account/organizational tool; have a working knowledge of local and regional competition.
- Responsible for securing Group and Meeting business for the hotel.
- Develop strong relationships with on-property Front Office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- Maintain communication/relationship with IHG Key Account Directors for specific assigned segments.
- Conduct all sales related interactions with the highest level of professionalism while maintaining specified IHG standards.
- Support hotel’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Negotiate, draft, generate and confirm/sign group contracts that ensure hotel budget and revenue targets are achieved.
- Closely follow up on all business leads within a 24-hour response timeline to clients.
- Display knowledge of group pricing and recommend group concessions as needed to secure group business in support of hotel’s budgeted targets.
- Follow up on all business inquiries and leads and qualify business to generate group room nights and associated food and beverage revenue to impact RevPAR performance.
- Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Target potential key accounts for the hotel.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include site inspections, sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develop relationships within the local community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major. (Preferred)
- Previous Hotel/Sales experience (at least 3-4 years) (Required)
- High-end/upscale hotel sales (Preferred).
- Strong communication/presentation skills, both verbal and written with an ability to engage in virtual web settings as well as in person. (Required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn other proprietary computer applications. (Preferred)
- Previous CRM system and Opera experience (Preferred)
The salary range for this role is $85,000 to $95,000 per annum. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York, NY. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and any other benefits to eligible employees.
** This position may also be eligible for bonus **
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current employee).
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.