Sr. Events Service Manager (Full-time) | InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: Miami (MIAHA), 100 Chopin Plaza, 33131
Job number: 101237
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, and seven times TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day:
As the Sr. Event Services Manager, you will ensure that conferences, meetings and group activities assigned to are coordinated and managed within client expectations. Upsell client events and manage function space and room block inventory to maximize hotel profit. Ensure hotel and client fulfil group contract commitments.
- Schedule conventions/conferences and business group activities and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Conduct banquet and catering facility tours and entertain clients in accordance with company and property policy.
- Assist clients with menu planning, food and beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc. Arrange all details of conventions to include room set-ups, staging, lighting, audio-visual, traffic flow, menus, décor, entertainment, group room blocks, VIP services and approved method of payment. Review daily posting of charges, resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner. Follow-up to ensure client satisfaction
- Interact with outside contacts: Guests, vendors, etc.
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Plan and conduct pre-event and post-event meeting with clients and hotel staff. Complete forecasts reports for management.
- Monitor and ensure all functions are set-up, refreshed and broken down in compliance with scheduled times and department procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales Staff, Executive Chef, Banquet Manager and MES staff, and hotel SLT.
- May serve as manager on duty when required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Some College plus 4-6 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of hotel and food & beverage operations preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 25lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling, as well as frequently standing and moving around
- Literate – you’ll excellent reading, writing and basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
Require a valid Driver’s License
What we offer:
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.