Sr. Booking Product Manager
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R206202
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make, and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues, and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there are countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Purpose of the Role –
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager with a passion for building an exceptional user experience and growing IHG’s direct channels' share and revenue. The core of the role is to grow digital revenue on the website and the mobile experiences. You must be a self-starter focused on improving the revenue experience to achieve business goals. As the Product Manager, you will work with UX/Design, development, and key business stakeholders to define and plan the launch of new features. You will be responsible for the continuous optimization of IHG's revenue products and measuring the success of initiatives in terms of revenue, customer, and stakeholder satisfaction.
Key Accountabilities –
- Utilize market research, customer and reservation field feedback, web analytics data, and industry trends to understand customer needs, discovering competitive and functional gaps, and identifying new opportunities to ultimately define a product roadmap
- Define and deliver consistent forms of payments across the direct channels
- Support the product development lifecycle for omnichannel revenue by defining development requirements, helping to create wireframes, coordinating design and content for new features, triage bugs, leading User Acceptance Testing, and completing post-launch analysis
- Work closely with our Product Managers, IT developers, UX designers, and cross-functional commercial and operational business teams to successfully drive, execute and deliver on initiatives
- Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders across the organization to share priorities, roadmap, and key learnings
- Define success criteria & metrics of new products & perform post-implementation analysis and ongoing optimization
Key internal Relationships –
- E-Commerce Hotel Integration: collaborate on new products and initiatives and the strategy for implementation and/or training in the hotels for each specific brand.
- International Brand Marketing Management designees: strategic and tactical consultation with respect to investments and activities involving Internet technologies and external constituencies
- Regional E-Commerce directors, managers, and hotel support staff: collaborate on Internet products and programs for rollout to the hotels
- Global Sales: collaborate on current initiatives and client needs
- Revenue Management: collaborate on pricing and yield management strategies Reservation Call centers: gather product information for sites and usage trends for research
- IT: coordinate technical or systems functionality and communication
Key External Relationships –
- Outside creative agencies: to discuss creative services and production
- Vendors: to coordinate projection of materials and bid projects
What we need from you
In this Hybrid role so we are looking for candidates in the Atlanta metro area who are able to come into the office one day a week
Required Qualifications -
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or Technology discipline - or equivalent experience, Masters preferred
- Innate curiosity to continuously improve the digital purchasing experience.
- 8 plus years of progressive work-related experience, including 3 years experience in product management, product development, marketing, or operations, with demonstrated travel industry experience
- Demonstrated deep product knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff. Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants
- Project management experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required
- Analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of the analysis to make effective strategic decisions
- Knowledge of travel distribution channels is nice to have
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast-moving, rapidly evolving marketplace
Number of Employees Supervised: Direct 2-3 / Indirect 0-5
- This position reviews customer feedback to help determine project priorities. Performs analysis of customer feedback, business strategies, and objectives to determine final project requirements.
- This position assists in determining the detailed design requirements of multiple projects based on budget needs, strategy, objectives, etc.
- This position measures the effectiveness of content delivery, works with Internal Departments to set content management policies, and researches technology vendors and content providers to determine potential business relationships.
- This position has final authority in interpretation of business requirements as presented by the client in the discovery process, and final authority in pre-production acceptance testing for features and functions developed on behalf of designated clients.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.