Specialist Technical Support IT Services
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Corp Sydney
Job number: R198807
InterContinental Hotels Group are one of the world's leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have almost 6,000 open hotels with 1800 in the pipeline globally to open. Considerable investment has been made in region and as a result we are currently experiencing significant growth in the region and have opened 8 hotels since the beginning of the year with a strong pipeline to be rolled out.
You'll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels and HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts as well as Kimpton Hotels.
All of these brands work together towards our goals of creating True Hospitality for Good. This is a mission that's seen us go from strength to strength with more rooms in an ever-growing portfolio of hotels across more and more locations. Which makes this an incredibly exciting time to become part of the team.
Your day to day
At IHG we are always looking at improving and applying new ways of working. With this in mind we have a newly created role of Technology Specialist to join our team in Sydney. We have created an IT shared services team and the Technology Specialist will provide technical on site support services and infrastructure management to our Cluster of hotels in NSW. Your key accountabilities will include
- Responsible for delivering an exceptional level of onsite IT Support service to our hotels participating in the cluster services.
- Maintain, manage and support participating hotel admin/back of house infrastructure
- Patch and maintain infrastructure as needed
- Receiving and owning escalations from cluster hotels.
- Ensuring that any incidents are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Driving improvements in customer satisfaction.
- New hotel opening activities as needed
- Work with Cluster IT Manager for CAPEX planning for assigned hotels
Located at the heart of Sydney CBD, our open office layout encourages collaborative teamwork to drive results. You will work alongside a team of like-minded, driven employees who inspire to bring the best out of yourself!
IHG’s employee-centric culture is dedicated to offering our colleagues work-life balance, flexibility and initiatives designed to support staff with their physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
What we need from you
To be successful in the role the following skills and attributes will be highly advantageous.
- Microsoft and or Cisco qualifications essential
- ITIL Foundation V3 Certification minimum
- 3+ plus years working in technical support, preferably in a hospitality arena.
- 2+ years’ experience of working within an ITIL environment.
- Strong knowledge of Hotel Systems (PMS, POS, B/O, Revenue Systems, S&C, etc)
- Subject Matter Expert technical ability in three of the following areas and a strong understanding in the others:
- Email and Internet based technologies
- Security and Patch Management
- Microsoft client technologies
- Microsoft server technologies
- Cisco networking technologies
- IP technical knowledge
- Voice (Analogue & IPT) systems
- Experience of using typical Service Management tools
- Experience of using remote control software and AD management
- Good communications and analytical skills
- Self Starter
What we offer
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG.
At IHG we offer a range of industry leading benefits.
You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please go to www.careers.ihg.com
IHG is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.