Specialist, Technical Support - Singapore based
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Corp Singapore
Job number: R187075
IHG Hotels & Resorts are one of the world’s leading hotel companies, whose purpose is to provide True Hospitality for Good.
We are one of the largest hotel companies in the world with almost 6,000 hotels across nearly 100 countries and territories around the world. Loved by millions of consumers around the world, our diverse portfolio of brands includes InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN® Hotels, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn® and Holiday Inn Express®
Your day to day
As part of the Technology & Infrastructure Services team, the Technical Support Specialist is responsible for managing the IT infrastructure deployed in the corporate offices. The focus on Technical support will be to manage the systems and ensure service availability, and work with the Customer Service team to manage new or changed systems as part of mainstream steady state support to:-
. Perform regular walkthroughs; maintenance and support for all desktop environments as defined by SLAs, including all hardware, software, computer and telecom systems.
· Act as an escalation and provide advanced support for account administration; support and maintenance
· Assist IT Administration team in trouble-shooting and restoring hardware, software, computers and telecom issues and failures
· Acting as a resolver group for the Outsourced Global Support Desk and corporate office support teams
· Perform Problem Management activities on case escalated to the team and ensure that workarounds and knowledgebase articles are created and cascade to the relevant teams
· Interface with other Global technology colleagues to resolve or escalate as appropriate all hardware, software and telecom failures.
· Monitor alarms on technology and telecom systems, detect and report problems
· Assist in the performance and guarding of all required backup procedures in line with internal data protection guidelines and disaster recovery options, to prevent data loss in case of system failure.
· Keep Technical skills current for computer desktops and servers, virtualization, application, software, network and other systems.
· Contribute to documentation of all hardware/software specifications, inventories, and procedures.
· Contribute to assessment of system performance (hardware and software).
· Participate in new product installations pilot and transition support to the customer service team.
What we need from you
Ideally ITIL certified with 1-2 Years working within an IT environment within a global MNC
Demonstrates proficiency and knowledge in several of the following areas:
o Windows OS
o Network wiring
o TCP/IP protocol configuration
o Microsoft Active Directory
o E-mail, Collaboration & Communication technologies.
o WAN & LAN design and technologies
o Cloud computing
o Thin client technologies.
o System and network monitoring tools
o Microsoft AD access
o Microsoft O365 Suites
o Windows Operating Systems
o Deskside support
o Apple product
You will need to currently have the right to work in Singapore
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com