Specialist, Social Marketing
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R201960
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
Your day to day
As a social media specialist, you will be responsible for developing and managing organic social channels, for global hospitality brands, across industry leading social media platforms such as (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, and LinkedIn, specifically:
- Lead social marketing best practices, establishing a strategic point of view for the IHG portfolio of brands in social
- Serve as subject matter expert for best-in-class social that drives consumer engagement and the guest experience
- Manage organic social marketing calendar – working with associated teams to integrate priority consumer messaging and any real-time opportunities
- Provide editorial voice to IHG’s social channels, in alignment with brand strategies and guidelines
- Develop and grow performance across main organic social metrics
- Edit and post content for social media and manage social media profiles
- Manage and work with creative teams to deliver best-in-class social marketing and creative
- Develop, deploy, manage and/or support social marketing campaigns that support brand and business initiatives
- Ideate + execute social surprise + delight tactics for assigned brands
- Monitor and action on trends in social marketing and hospitality to drive innovation in IHG’s social practice, creative performance and first-to-market opportunities
- Model a service-oriented culture and mindset that can balance strategic thought leadership with delivery and execution for assigned category of brands, and earn trust and credibility along the way
- Develop, execute and maintain process workflows that ensure best-in-class and consistent execution and delivery of social marketing
- Provide effective reporting, performance data and analytics to measure ROI
- Moderate user-generated content for assigned brands
- Moderate and provide guidance for social community management for assigned brands
- Proactively partner with other IHG teams to deliver crisis management support as needed
- Assist in creating playbooks and training for brands/regions/properties on how to best leverage social
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
3 to 5 years practical experience of managing, planning and developing content for organic social channels and initiatives, within a consumer brand, for a recognized multi-national company. Experience with visual, multimedia content and content management systems strongly preferred. Travel/hospitality industry experience is a plus.
Required Skills –
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social marketing landscape, principles and industry best practices
- Understanding of brand consistency across media and content types.
- Must also be knowledgeable about digital marketing trends, analytics, and current events
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Must be able to prepare and deliver solid presentations to small groups.
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills, attention to detail and demonstrated experience in leading people.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
# #LI-AA1 |