Specialist - Distribution Operations Support (Mandarin)
Location: Philippines, National Capital Region (Manila), Makati City
Hotel: CRO Manila
Job number: R201348
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, with around 350,000 people working across more than 100 countries to deliver True Hospitality for everyone while delivering the best returns for our hotel partners. We have more than 5,800 leased, managed or owned hotels. Our 16 brands help guests create amazing memories with the help of an incredible team. Opportunities of all kinds are born at IHG.
You’ll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Regent, Voco Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels, HUALUXE™ Hotels and Resorts, and Avid Hotel. Every IHG brand has its own feel and culture. But all bring guests together to create treasured moments.
IHG also manages IHG® Rewards, the world’s first and largest hotel loyalty programme, with more than 100 million enrolled members worldwide.
We bring True Hospitality to everyone by connecting our portfolio of leading hotel brands, our leading-edge systems and our ways of reaching customers, with the passion and dedication of our colleagues around the world. Individually, these are strengths. Together, they give us the platform to deliver exceptional growth and the confidence to know we can make a difference to travelers everywhere.
At IHG we employ people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Your day to day
Handle all distribution inquiries from GC support desk/hotels in form of phone calls and emails. Follow the established work process and provide hotels with respective solutions to their issues. Assist internal colleagues to utilize and embed tools / programs to drive business performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the first/second point of contact and respond to inquiries from GC support desk/hotel Sales & Marketing teams. This includes but not limited in distribution channel management GDS, OTA, Wholesale etc.
- Provide GC support desk/hotels the solutions to the issues within the standard time frame and ensure the problems and issues are resolved to the satisfaction of our hotel colleagues
- When needed, escalate the inquiries to the respective functional teams/vendors/global support teams. Actively follow through to ensure hotels receive the solution within the agreed time frame.
- Capture information related to any hotel inquires, track response time and time required to resolve the issues to ensure hotels are supported in a timely manner.
- Collate common and repeat issues reported from GC support desk/hotels, and feedback to functional team for enhancement made to tools, programs and work process.
What we need from you
Required Skills –
- Familiar with hotel Sales & Marketing or OTA/Wholesale operations
- Display an understanding of IHG Sales & Marketing systems, processes and terminology, include but not limited to sales, revenue management and distribution channel concept
- Basic understanding of the IHG reservation system
- Demonstrate strong ability to take initiative, meet deadlines and commitments in handling multiple tasks
- Listens, interprets and conveys information in a clear and accurate manner
- Effective communicate with hotel colleagues, IHG Greater China support desk, distribution team, vendors, and global teams (verbal and written Chinese and English languages), preferred native Chinese.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent International degree
3 or more years of S&M experience at corporate/hotels or OTAs/Wholesalers
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.