Spa Therapist - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: Hayman Island Resort (HISHA), Hayman Island, Whitsunday Islands, 4801
Job number: 114295
We are offering you an experience of a life time!
Enjoy the beauty of island life whilst you work, live, and explore Hayman Island and the beautiful Whitsundays.
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
As a Spa Therapist on Hayman Island, you will welcome each of our guest’s unique beauty by delivering a high-end spa journey. Our five-star facilities will see you assisting our guests in a variety of luxurious experiences including body massages and skin care services with our exotic range of products.
- Greet and welcome guests in an upbeat, friendly manner in accordance to IHG brand standards
- Perform all Spa reception duties and ensure guest queries and requests are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Attend frequent meetings and training to keep service skills and product knowledge up to date
- Perform up to 5 massage treatments per shift
- Carry out your treatments with a passion for caring for others
- Exceed guest expectations by going above and beyond
- Be focused on attention to detail and anticipate guest needs
- Be knowledgeable of the hotel and be able to make informative recommendations to guests throughout their stay.
- Always provide a 5-star spa journey and ensure the highest level of service and satisfaction is provided
- Accurately schedule, confirm, update, and cancel spa appointments
- Explain in detail spa treatment menu and packages to guests knowledgeably and confidently
- Rebook and upsell treatments as well as enthusiastically advise guests on home care regimens
- Maintain the quality of service and overall appearance of reception, locker areas, relaxation lounge, Spa Oasis, and treatment rooms
- Meet Spa KPI’s
- Thrive in a team environment
What we need from you
We are looking for enthusiastic and professional team players who knows how to deliver great service and exceed guest expectations. Ideally you will have:
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Previous experience as a spa therapist within a Resort/Hotel environment
- Experienced and confident in delivering massage and facial treatments
- Previous training in Elemis is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation
- Ambition to grow your career
- Motivated, driven and energized in a team environment
- Great problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude
What we offer
- Regular rotating shifts
- Paid orientation and training
- Excellent colleague facilities including a dedicated pool, gym, bar, dining program, extensive health & wellness activities program and private staff beach
- The opportunity to meet like-minded people and make life-time friendships
- Ongoing training and development opportunities with coaching and mentoring by industry experts in a five-star luxury setting
- A great range of employee, friends, and family discount rates across more than 5,300 InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties
If this opportunity seems perfect for you, we would love to hear from you.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.