Hotel Brand: Kimpton
Location: United Kingdom, Glasgow
Hotel: Blythswood Square Hotel (GLAPG), 11 Blythswood Square, G2 4AD
Job number: 119183
The newly refurbished luxury 5* Spa at Kimpton Blythswood Square are looking for a Spa Therapist to join our team and provide our guests with an immersive and relaxing experience…
We are looking for someone who can work 32 hours per week, fixed-term until March 2024. We are paying up to £13.50 per hour dependant on experience basic pay, plus upselling opportunities!
The Spa at Kimpton Blythswood Square is a Scottish escape for guests and visitors alike, we provide a multi-sensory experience with focus on relaxation and self-care. Our recent refurbishment has improved on our sustainable offering by introducing new elements such as our brand-new Snow Bliss shower and improving upon our current offerings such as our well-loved Pool and Sauna. We are looking for team members who can showcase what we offer, create sophisticated and transformative experiences whilst ensuring embracing sustainability and natural elements.
As a Spa Therapist at the well renowned 5* Spa at Kimpton Blythswood Square, your core purpose will be:
- Guest interactions: you will ensure all guests are welcomed to the Spa in a 5* manner, educate guests on our offerings and discuss all options with them.
- Performing treatments: you will perform treatments within guidelines and ensure that you are provided a relaxing and comfortable experience for guests, you will use your knowledge to make sure the guests know what the treatment will consist of and remain at ease in your company.
- Promoting our products: you will promote and up-sell our treatments and large range of products available, recommending products based on your knowledge gained through your interaction with the guest.
Ultimately, your insight, commitment and pride in your work will make you an integral part of the Kimpton family.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for someone who has…
- Previous experience as a Spa Therapist within either a destination Spa or within a Hotel Spa
- Spa UK Qualified to NVQ level 3 or ITEC, CIBTAC, CIDESCO (or equivalent in beauty treatments and massage).
- Ishga and Oskia training will be provided, but previous experience of Ishga and/or Oskia is highly desirable.
- Passion for Spa and Wellness, you will love to bring your knowledge and experience to the guests and ensure that their experience sits within our 5* Kimpton offering.
- High level of attention to detail, you will be knowledgeable about health and safety procedures and take care to ensure you are providing a safe environment for guests.
So why work for us (aside from joining an awesome team…)? Well, look no further!
- Up to £13.50 per hour, plus free meals whilst on duty!
- Incentives to earn more each month with gratuities (where eligible) being paid monthly through our Tronc system…
- Paid holidays, generous maternity/paternity pay and enhanced sick pay! Plus subsidised child care support, helping support you and your family.
- Travel support when commuting during unsocial hours (Taxis subsidised for late-finishes where no public transport is available)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates allowing you explore destinations across the world (IHG Hotels and Resorts have over 6,000 Hotels and growing)
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our portal!
- Employee assistance programme 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to on site Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- 2 paid volunteering days per year, giving you the room to make a difference to your local community and get involved with social issues you really care about
- Most importantly, we’ll give you room to grow and develop you as an individual through our extensive training, development, and additional learning opportunities!
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Spa Therapist, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether..
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.