Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Hotel: Kimpton - Glasgow Blyth (GLAPG)
Job number: R195458
Kimpton Blythswood Square are looking for a Spa Receptionist to join their growing 5* Leisure Team!
When you work at Kimpton Blythswood Square, you become part of a special history that’s been building for almost two centuries and continues to unfold in style. A landmark hotel in Scotland’s most vibrant city, Glasgow’s Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel is celebrated for its gorgeous Georgian architecture, superior service (everyone here is nice), well-loved spa, unique event venues, and indulgent afternoon tea.
Our receptionists play a vital role in delivering a 5 star guest experience. They have an eye for the finer details alongside an organised approach and a willingness to exceed our guests expectations. Our receptionists are hardworking individuals who are able to use initiative as part of a team and as an individual. As part of our reception team you will be the first and last person our guests see, you will make sure that everything has exceeded their expectations before they leave. You will gain in-depth knowledge regarding what each treatment entails and the retail brands we offer to assist you with advising guests how to continue their spa day at home.
At Kimpton, our shared mission is to make lives better through heartfelt human connections. This emotional investment drives all that we do, and it’s why you’ll love the work, too. Our colleagues are empowered and encouraged to act from the heart, to go above and beyond to create ridiculously personal experiences for each other and our guests. A Kimpton stay is a laid-back and original luxury experience that offers guests the finer things without the fuss. No detail is too small, and no request is too large. Our commitment to deliver heartfelt care, unique design and quality in surprising ways gives you an experience you’ll treasure forever whether you are a guest or a member of our family.
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
What’s in for you as a Spa Receptionist (just in case you need more persuading)
- £9.00 per hour plus great IHG perks!
- 32 hours per week - with the opportunity for paid overtime!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
You will feel at home with us if you are looking for a place where you can:
- Be yourself: Bring in your individuality and the best and ever improving version of you. Who you are is who we are. So bring the real you.
- Lead yourself: Do the right thing when nobody is watching and take initiative. Find creative new ways to delight guests and colleagues, we trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
- Make it count: Create ridiculously personal experiences (for our guests and our colleagues). What you do matters. You matter.
To succeed as a Spa Receptionist, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and be guest focused
- Previous experience in a guest facing role
- A passion for spa and wellness
- Attention to details and ability to multitask duties
- Knowledge of spa booking systems preferred but not necessary
- Flexibility to work varied hours to include evenings and weekends
- Experience with handling guests queries and complaints
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click apply now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.