Sous Chef - Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Melbourne Airport (MELCR)
Job number: EMEAA20487
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport is currently seeking a Sous Chef to join the Holiday Inn family.
Your day to day
Join our team at Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport as Sous Chef where you will provide support in leading the kitchen service for our inhouse guests, in room dining and restaurant and bar. You will use your creativity to excite and create memorable experiences for our guests. You will be a leader in the kitchen and your natural leadership will inspire those around you to innovate and excel.
Working closely with the Head Chef, you will plan kitchen operations and manning, review budgets and food costs, create exciting new seasonal menu offerings and work together to guide the team through busy periods of large volume cooking.
You will share your strong focus on food hygiene and food safety standards amongst your team, ensuring the highest level of cleanliness whilst working as a team to meet our Holiday Inn brand standards. You will be familiar with stock rotation, minimising wastage and planning ahead for busy service times.
This role will require to work across a 7 day rotating roster in accordance with business needs. In addition to this, the hotel is currently assisting local health authorities and Victorian Government agencies in response to Covid19. All hotel employees are required to meet the criteria set by Covid Quarantine Victoria (CQV).
What we need from you
To be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- Previous experience of at least 3 years preferably in a hotel setting with minimum of 1 year in a leadership position
- Broad cuisine experience and experience in seasonal menu offerings
- Trade cooking qualifications are essential
- Demonstrated hands on approach with passion for quality produce and presentation
- A desire to progress your own career and lead and develop an energetic team
- Knowledge of emerging hospitality trends
- Ensuring compliance with HACCP and related policies and procedures
- The flexibility to work various shifts on a rotating roster including evenings, weekends and public holidays
- You must meet the legal requirements to work full time in Australia
- You must agree to work exclusively for Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, duty meal, great room discounts, superb training and development opportunities within IHG.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us. So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.