Sous Chef - Crowne Plaza Resort Guam
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Hotel: Resort Guam (GUMCR), 801 Pale San Vitores Road
Job number: 101821
Must be US Citizen or US Permanant Resident. This is an entry level management position, therefore, we are unable to provide any work visa for this position.
What’s the job?
As a Senior Sous Chef, as the leader of the team, you will guide your colleagues to following the instructions of the chef. You will contribute towards menu creation and the managing and training of the kitchen team to deliver an excellent guest experience, while assisting in managing food costs. Your passion for presentation and dedication to delivering flavor is vital to each guests’ experience.
- Assist in managing kitchen team effectively to ensure a well-organized and motivated team deliver great product & service.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other team members and departments.
- Manage daily staff assignments, communicate goals, and ensure compliance of policies and procedures.
- Conduct pre-shift briefings as requested by manager.
- Assist in conducting performance appraisals and other HR-related actions as requested by manager.
- Ensure resources meet business needs through the effective management of working rosters.
- Assist in managing food costs to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue.
- Ensure products are of a good quality and stored correctly in compliance with health & safety and food & safety regulations.
- Ensure consistency in great food production and presentation, in line with the high-quality standards expected by the Executive Chef and hotel standards.
- Ensure consistency in quality of dishes.
- Make each meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds in accordance with Resort standards. With your own personal touch, you will turn our high standards into memorable experiences for every guest.
- Manage customer relations, when necessary, in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of your team.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination and meet all health and hygiene requirements.
- Report to your immediate supervisor or duty manager any unsafe equipment, low supplies, or safety, hazardous or hygiene matters.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
- May assist with dishwasher, stewarding or other kitchen duties as assigned.
- May assist with other duties as required.
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine in managing the kitchen.
- Relieves the Chef de cuisine on their off day.
- All kitchen staff follow Kitchen SOP’s as set by the department.
- All commis must be flexible to work in any kitchen department as per operational needs.
- Work with clean-as-you go approach in the kitchen.
- Must have the ability to multi-task several kitchen jobs as per operational needs.
- Guides the other Sous Chefs in dissemination of tasks.
What we need from you
High School Diploma is required
- Service years
At least 3 years of continuous experience in food preparation at a full-service hotel. Supervisory experience in food preparation is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and skills
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Problem solving, reasoning, analytical, motivating, and training abilities are often used when estimating food productions and coordinating functions.
- Basic math skills, reading, and writing are used when completing paperwork and other reports.
- Must be able to obtain a government-issued Food Handler’s Certification, and Food Manager’s Certification.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and during inclement weather.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships internally and externally.
Fluent in English (speaking, listening, reading and writing)
- Preferred (if required)
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequently walking, standing up around the kitchen
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Handling food and beverages, stoves, utensils, and other food service or culinary supplies and equipment.
- Health Certificate
What we offer
In return we'll provide you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include Health (medical, dental & vision) insurance, a 401k plan with company match, Paid Time Off and Employee Discount. A chance to become part of the global IHG family - opening a door to endless career opportunities. We’re passionate about growing our talent. We’ll provide the training & development you need to succeed & progress into your next role.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – Our colleagues share some winning characteristics: we work better together, we trust and support each other, we aim higher by looking for better ways to do things, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Disabled/ Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.