Location: United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Hotel: Wotton House Country Estate Hotel (GUIDW)
Job number: R205892
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel are looking for a Sous Chef to join the growing Team!!
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel near Dorking, is an estate like no other. In what was once the former seat of the Evelyn family, this 17th-century house has a long tradition of entertaining guests. Here, a mix of original features and 21st-century style set the tone so that all events are memorable: a wedding day like no other, business meetings that become an unexpected pleasure, training that delights and inspires. Dining is relaxed whether it's a meal in the 1877 Restaurant, or a party for 200 with simple yet delicious food. Afternoon tea is served daily in The Morning Room, whilst upstairs; you'll find a collection of beautifully refurbished bedrooms and suites. 13 acres of grounds so our guests explore Italian gardens, Roman temples, manicured lawns and Surrey Hills beyond.
Our Sous Chef is accountable for kitchen operation including production, cleanliness and safe systems of work, and deputises in the absence of our Executive Head Chef. Works alongside the team and ensures the food is received by the guest in a timely manner to the quality expected.
Our Sous Chefs ensures all food, if for conference or a ticket from our restaurant is received in a timely manner to the highest quality and that the guest expectations are consistently exceeded in line with A Kimpton stay which is a laid-back and original luxury experience that offers guests the finer things without the fuss. No detail is too small, and no request is too large.
We are looking for an ambitious individual, who is passionate about food. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll be expected to encourage your team in everything they do, while providing and maintaining a fun, positive and creative atmosphere.
So what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
- £35,000 per annum, Plus Great Hotel Perks!
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and varius activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Working at IHG is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion
To succeed as our Sous Chef, you will need:
- To have led ben a Sous chef for 1-2 years within a global hotel brand or restaurant of the same classification / cuisine (as minimum) with comparable size and complexity.
- be experienced in local cuisine, with practical experience of at least one other cuisine and experience catering meetings, social events and restaurants
- As a minimum, must have completed level 3 Food Safety certification and have knowledge in HACCP
- Knowledge of appropriate systems to support operational processes– Micros Simphony (or relevant POS), Procure Wizard and Quinyx
- Has knowledge of appropriate working to brand standards relating to food and the ability to create and deliver appropriate menus, using appropriate suppliers and product
- Is part of external networks and is up to date with critical issues and trends in food
- Has the technical skills to work on every section for every service period in the kitchen
Do you have what it takes to be our Sous Chef? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.