Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Hotel: voco™ - St.David’s Cardiff (CWLCD)
Job number: R204826
Voco St David’s Cardiff are looking for a Sous Chef to join their award winning team
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Admiral at voco St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer. The Spa @ St. David’s located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings, and celebrations alike.
We are Looking for a Sous Chef who can commit to 40 hours a week.
Our Sous Chef will be supporting the Executive Chef to complete all elements of Kitchen operation and help to support and manage the team. The Sous Chefs ensures all food, if for conference or a ticket from our restaurant is received in a timely manner to the highest quality and that the guest expectations are consistently exceeded in line with a voco stay which is an original luxury experience that offers guests the finer things without the fuss. No detail is too small, and no request is too large.
We are looking for an ambitious individual, who is passionate about food. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll be expected to encourage your team in everything they do, while providing and maintaining a fun, positive and creative atmosphere.
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
What’s in for you as a Sous Chef (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, a market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- £33000 per annum plus great IHG perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Exciting discounts available within the onsite Restaurants and Spa facilities
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
To succeed as our Sous Chef, you will need:
- To have been a Sous Chef in a similar size and type of property or to have been a Senior Chef de Partie ready for your next step!
- To have experience managing a team
- To be experienced in local cuisine, with practical experience of at least one other cuisine and experience catering meetings, social events, and restaurants
- As a minimum, must have completed level 3 Food Safety certification and have knowledge in HACCP
- Knowledge of appropriate systems to support operational processes– Micros Simphony (or relevant POS), Procure Wizard and Quinyx
- Has knowledge of appropriate working to brand standards relating to food and the ability to create and deliver appropriate menus, using appropriate suppliers and product
- Is part of external networks and is up to date with critical issues and trends in food
- Has the technical skills to work on every section for every service period in the kitchen
Do you have what it takes to be our Sous Chef? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.