Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Bahrain, Al Manamah, Manama
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Manama (Bahrain) (MNABA)
Job number: EMEAA23685
At Crowne Plaza^® Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. That’s where you come in. When you are part of the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title. At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and passionate who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
Crowne Plaza Bahrain, is in the heart of Bahrain's diplomatic area- the business district. It has easy access to Bahrain Financial Harbor, major shopping areas, the Souq and popular tourist attractions. Crowne Plaza Bahrain is always the perfect destination for our business guests. With 278 well-appointed bedrooms including executive and deluxe accommodation for the discerning businessman, six Food and Beverage outlets and having one of the biggest convention centre in the city, Crowne Plaza is certainly the most preferred place to be.
Your day to day
Are you a passionate culinary professional who has the expertise in creating delectable Asian cuisine? We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our Crowne Plaza Bahrain team! Know your suitability with the major responsibilities below:
• Responsible in creating and implementing Asian cuisine and seafood menus and restaurant food concepts based on current food trends, market preferences and seasonality.
• Responsible for creating trendy and eye-appealing food plating that captures the attention of the guests.
• Responsible in training the kitchen team in preparing, cooking and presenting the food in a consistent manner.
• Responsible in creating the standard operating procedures and recipes for Asia cuisine and seafood.
• Involves in the marketing and promoting the restaurant in collaboration with the Marketing Team.
• Oversees daily kitchen operation and ensures adherence of colleagues in following the recipe, portioning, food quality and proper managing of inventory.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures such as interviewing, training of colleagues, planning, organizing, performance management and employee engagement
What we need from you
• Solid experience in multiple Asian cuisines (Japanese, Chinese, Thai, and Korean)
• Experience and knowledge in seafood cuisine is an advantage
• Knowledge of current Japanese, Chinese, Thai and Korean cuisine food trends.
• Solid progression through all the culinary ranks.
• Strong leadership skills in leading and developing the team; driving for results; championing change with the team; leading innovative thinking
• Must have intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Must read, write, and speak English.
• Vocational/Technical/Business certification in related field preferred.
• Food Safety certification is an advantage
What we offer
And because the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5,900 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at http://careers.ihg.com/