Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Switzerland, Geneva, Geneve
Hotel: InterContinental - Geneve (GVAHA)
Job number: EMEAA33587
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
Awarded the Great Place to Work certificate since 2020, InterContinental Genève is proud to offer an inclusive, supportive and stimulating work environment. Our diverse team is the secret to our success. We encourage each and every one to develop their potential through internal mobility opportunities, training and on-the-job learning.
Your day to day
Join us as our new Sommelier :
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Take part in the development and update of the hotel’s wine list.
- Present the wine list and advise customers by proposing wines or other drinks.
- Take part in the management of the cellar.
- Keep abreast of the latest vintages and be constantly on the lookout for quality wines and lesser-known wines in order to share your discoveries with customers and colleagues.
- Ensures the proper use of glassware in relation to the wines served while respecting the very precise rules of the profession: opening, decanting, presentation of the wine, respecting the serving temperatures, tasting, etc.
- Be in charge of liqueurs and alcohols, mineral waters, aperitifs, coffees and infusions.
- May visit vineyards and attend tastings.
- Take part in all wine and oenology training.
What we need from you
With a degree in Hospitality, you have minimum 2-3 years of experience in a similar position within a hotel establishment of the same category (4- or 5-star) and/or a luxury brasserie. You have solid knowledge in sommellerie and oenology.
You are fluent in French and English. Mastering another foreign language of one of our target markets (Germany, China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Russia) is highly desirable.
Knowledge of Micros/Simphony is a plus.
Thanks to your strong people-orientation and team spirit, you are acknowledged for the quality and the personalization of your service. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are autonomous, well-organized and flexible. You aim to share your passion and knowledge with your guests and your colleague and are willing to help when needed.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens and EU passport holders.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us: all applications are welcome.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve. Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us and apply or send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.