Shift Technician (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA36331
InterContinental is the world's largest family of luxury hotels. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs.
Located in the heart of Circular Quay and overlooking Sydney Harbour, the Royal Botanic Gardens and city skyline, the iconic InterContinental Sydney boasts 509 guest rooms, a suite of leading meeting and events spaces and premium restaurants and bars. Our colleagues are dynamic, passionate and true ambassadors of the guest experience. When joining the InterContinental Sydney team you will enjoy a host of career accelerating opportunities; learning from experts in their field, cultivating globally inspired practices and industry-leading skills.
We are delighted to be currently undertaking a $100-million-dollar hotel refurbishment, set to transform all guest rooms, suites and public spaces; introduce new restaurants and bars; and restore the heritage features of our landmark building.
As our Hotel continues to grow we're looking for a Shift technician (full-time) to join our Engineering team.
Your day to day
As Shift Technician, you will carry out daily maintenance/engineering operations for the entire Hotel. You will ensure all work is delivered safely, on-time and remains compliant while delivering a high level of service to both guests and colleagues.
You will also have the opportunity to be involved in one of Sydney's most significant Hotel projects as our $100-million-dollar hotel refurbishment is well underway. The Engineering team works closely with our builders to ensure our refurbished spaces and heritage features of our landmark building are re-imagined and restored to standard.
This role offers the opportunity to learn from a highly experienced, award-winning Director of Engineering and work with a dynamic, passionate Engineering team.
What we need from you
- 2+ years’ experience in Engineering/Maintenance is advantageous
- A proactive approach to developing & maintaining strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders including contractors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & prioritise workload
- Strong organisational, written & communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Flexible work options to ensure balance and well being
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Free meals on shift
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.