Server PT (Speakeasy)
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, San Diego
Hotel: San Diego (SANHB), 901 Bayfront Court, 92101
Job number: 122837
Our guests’ memorable experiences must start somewhere. So why not with you? We’re looking for a Part Time Speakeasy Server to provide fast and courteous service of food and beverages to guests and ensure quality of food and beverage presentation per established standards.
greet guests in a prompt and courteous manner.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
- Alert Outlet Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed.
- Prepare food and beverages for service to hotel guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards.
- Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
- Perform side-work, and any other opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
Basic reading and writing. Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds (plates, utensils, menus, etc.)
- Handling food objects, products and utensils
- Using a keyboard
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
What you can expect from us:
The hourly pay rate for this role is $16.85. This rate is only applicable for jobs to be performed at InterContinental San Diego.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.