Server Michael Jordan's Steakhouse
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Illinois, Chicago
Hotel: InterContinental - Chicago Magnificent Mile (ORDHA)
Job number: R204921
THE JEWEL OF CHICAGO'S MAGNIFICENT MILE
InterContinental Chicago is a lot like the city itself; historic but hip, refined but relaxed, cultured but comfortable. A member of Michigan Avenue's architectural elite since 1929, our hotel is within easy reach of Chicago's incomparable museums, stores, theatres and restaurants. Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium and Oak Street Beach are minutes away.
The InterContinental Hotel Group owns, operates and franchise more than 9,000 hotels, 120 million stays per year in nearly 100 countries. Our people lie at the heart of our business - and by bringing your expertise and passion to IHG; you will help us to achieve our goal of creating Great Hotels Guest Love.
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse is a dynamic restaurant founded on excellence befitting the caliber of Michael Jordan himself. Excellence in food and service among the team members is the game plan for our guests. Cornerstone Restaurant Group is our business partner for Michael Jordan's Steakhouse and Michael Jordan's Bar to help execute our flawless, personalized service.
Your day to day
- JOB OVERVIEW:
Under the general guidance of the General Manager of the Michael Jordan Steak House, responsible for
providing efficient and courteous Food & Beverage service to all guests.
1. Reports directly to the Michael Jordan Steak House General Manager.
2. Co-operates & communicates with other employees
3. Interacts with guests as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves food and beverage to guests in established service style and standard.
2. Promote image of the restaurant by displaying impeccable manners, diplomacy and tact towards
3. Maintain constant flow of communication with and to the team.
4. Always recommends specials, meals, appetizers, and/or beverages to the guests in an upselling
manner and answers any questions.
5. Relays orders to kitchen following established procedures
6. Monitors guests to fulfill additional requests.
7. Maintains supplies of China, Cutlery and Condiments for side station; keeping station clean and
8. Assists Hostess in guests service greeting and seating
9. Communicates politely and display courtesy to guests.
10. Communicates to his/her manager any difficulties, guest comment and other relevant information
11. Sets and clears tables ensuring standards are met.
12. Folds linen napkins prior to and after each shift.
13. Collects Food & Beverage orders from the kitchen, returns used china, glass and silver to the
14. Follows the procedures on Cash handling and Bill presentation; including audit and closing all bills
correctly in Micros and depositing cashier envelop(s) to the Front Desk drop safe.
15. Prepares and presents Bills according to hotel standard, closing Bill immediately on computer.
16. Performs duties noted on the daily tasks & cleaning schedule
17. At IHG we are committed to providing our employees with a safe, secure and healthy workplace. It is
your responsibility to comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, including any
department specific training regarding equipment and procedures.
18. Establishes and maintains effective employee working relationships
19. Attends and participates in daily briefings and other meetings as scheduled.
20. Attends and participates in training sessions as scheduled.
21. Implements the hotel and department regulations, policies and procedures including but not limited to:
a. House Rules and Regulation
b. Health and Safety
f. Hygiene and Cleanliness
Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
What we need from you
Must be able to speak and understand English
High School diploma or equivalent
Food Hygiene awareness and at least basic training.
Ability to communicate in English with guest.
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to provide legible written communication.
Must be TIPS Certified prior to or after hire
Previous job related experience.
Food Hygiene certificate.
First aid awareness.
Possess a friendly, upbeat & outgoing personality.
Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
Ability to be a clear thinker remains calm and resolves problems using Sound judgment.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to work an 8-hr shift in all types of conditions pertinent to the job.
Ability to comprehend instructions
Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Ability & willingness to perform job tasks according to established standards.
Must be flexible and able to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work
being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Do you see yourself as a Server - Michael Jordan's Steakhouse? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants.