Senior Solutions Architect
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R703659GCT_0
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
The Sr IT Architect will be a seasoned member of the enterprise architecture team that helps the organization evolve to next generation unified architectures for the company’s Enterprise Products and Platforms. The Sr IT Architect will work with the enterprise products & platforms teams and be part of the iterative evolution of their products and platforms to target unified architecture. In addition, the Sr IT Architect helps develop and support governance processes that ensure that team deliverables meet the Company’s standards for performance, availability, quality, security, operability and maintainability.
Skills, Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Develops a unified architecture that is scalable across the organization and ensures the use of industry and enterprise technology standards and develops roadmap incorporating industry best practices.
- Translates industry technology direction to business value and serves as a key advisor to stakeholders, providing new research and innovative approaches.
- Ability to influence business partners, architects and key stakeholders within the architecture team and other functional areas on the adoption of technical solutions and drive the solution to completion.
- Research and evaluate, or provide direction to others researching and evaluating, new technologies coming to market and their potential application to IT strategies and business plans.
- Provides guidance and enterprise‐wide influence leading to solutions that are well engineered, operable, maintainable, scalable, and delivered on schedule.
- Understand current the current technology stack and ability to decompose it into target architecture
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Take pride in their contribution to the success of the team
- Understanding of wide variety of integration technologies
- Learn from experiences and apply learnings to future initiatives
- Ability to continuously learn business and technology
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
What we need from you
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Typically a minimum of 10-12+ years of progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position. Hospitality or Travel experience preferred
Technical skills and Knowledge –
Technical mastery and competency in all architecture, with vast knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of technologies supported.
- Required Skills:
- AWS, GCP or Azure
- Working experience in CI/CD using tools and automation capabilities
- Middleware Focused:
- Public Facing APIs and API Gateways
- Messaging Based Architecture e.g. Kafka and MQ
- ESB e.g. Fuse
- Enterprise Caching Architectures e.g. Gemfire
- Service Oriented Architectures
- Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Data Focused:
- Decision Science Experience, Including Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Forecast and Demand Planning Applications
- Hospitality Focused
- Property Management Systems (eg. Opera PMS, Oasis, Amadeus),
- Point of Sale Systems (eg. Simphony)
- Service Optimization (eg. HotSOS)
What we offer
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.