Senior Network Engineer
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Corp Sydney
Job number: R204023
InterContinental Hotels Group are one of the world's leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have almost 6,000 open hotels with 1800 in the pipeline globally to open. Considerable investment has been made in region and as a result we are currently experiencing significant growth in the region and have opened 8 hotels since the beginning of the year with a strong pipeline to be rolled out.
You'll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels and HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts as well as Kimpton Hotels.
All of these brands work together towards our goals of creating True Hospitality for Good. This is a mission that's seen us go from strength to strength with more rooms in an ever-growing portfolio of hotels across more and more locations. Which makes this an incredibly exciting time to become part of the team.
Your day to day
With 11 hotels opened in the past 6 months and a healthy pipeline of hotels to follow, its a great time to be joining IHG. With the growth in region, we are looking at a newly created role of Senior Network Engineer to support our expansion. The role will report into Director of Stay Experiences EMEAA & AMER and will be based in our support office in Sydney. The role will be responsible for the technical solutioning, configuration, administration, deployment, and support of guest experience infrastructure platforms, with a focus on wireless technologies. Provide technical design, implementation, and support services for all regional and global Stay Experience programmes. Driving and managing vendors to influence their product roadmaps to deliver solutions for IHG’s brands and hotels. Develop & deliver turn-key products and services for the region’s hotels from solutions designed internally and by vendors whilst driving adoption and compliance of IHG approved solutions.
What we need from you
To be successful in the role the following skills and attributes will be highly regarded
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 7+ years progressive work-related experience in technical design/infrastructure management role with demonstrated mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple discipline/processes related to the position. Typically leads/mentors less experienced staff or complex projects in area of expertise
- Working experience from hotel, leisure or retail networks will be highly regarded.
- Experience of designing and managing wireless networks, including producing and approving site surveys.
- Experience of Hotel Systems (PMS, POS, B/O, Revenue Systems, S&C, etc) desirable.
- A technical ability in at least four of the following areas, and a good broad understanding of the others:
- Cisco & Cisco Meraki networking technologies
- Data centre/cloud technologies (AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Microsoft client/server technologies (Windows 10/Windows 2012R2 minimum)
- Wireless surveying tools (AirMagnet, etc.)
- IP technical knowledge
- Voice (Analogue & IPT) systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of system integration skills
- Experience of using typical Service Management tools
- Good verbal and written communications and analytical skills
- Self Starter
What we offer
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG.
At IHG we offer a range of industry leading benefits. You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
So, what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG. To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please go to www.careers.ihg.com IHG is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.