Senior Manager, Brand Programs, Europe – 12 month fixed term contract
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United Kingdom, Buckinghamshire, Denham
Hotel: Corp Denham
Job number: R200760
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries to deliver true hospitality for good. Our diverse portfolio of differentiated brands is well known and loved by millions of consumers around the world.
We genuinely care for our entire IHG Hotels & Resorts family. All our colleagues are valued, and their wellbeing matters to us. We provide the support our colleagues need to succeed and recognise them for their hard work. Our diverse global community values different perspectives and cultures.
This role sits within our wider Global Marketing Mainstream Brands team.
Your day to day
As a member of the Mainstream Brand team, you will be fully knowledgeable of the global brand strategy, regional growth strategy and the evolution of the brands and work to ensure the appropriate execution of the brands in target growth countries.
Your key responsibilities:
- Lead delivery of the Brand Transformation Programme for the Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brands (guest rooms/public areas) and act as key interface with the EMEAA Quality Initiative
- Provide overall direction to wider Brand Transformation team
- Work with the Regional Development VP’s and Managing Directors of each division (UK&I, Northern Europe/Russia/CIS and Southern Europe) to obtain owner buy in.
- Lead and support owner engagement strategy to sell-in concepts and drive commitment levels across the estate
- Deliver the key priorities as agreed by the Business, working closely with the various work-stream leads such as Design Managers, Program Manager F&B, Training etc.
- Ensure that innovation priorities are planned, communicated, resourced and measured to ensure successful implementation.
- Identify opportunities to improve the guest experience and create operational and cost efficiencies for operators, actively sharing best practice with other cross-functional teams.
- Support the team to tailor innovations to the local market and ensure on-going enhancements take into consideration key learnings from each market.
- Direct the development and maintenance of processes to ensure effective operation, quality of information, resource optimization and consistency of the innovation roll-out plan (e.g. Steer Co meetings, monthly project team calls, quarterly meetings).
- Track overall programme status and provide regular and ad-hoc executive updates to MDs, HPDs and Brand Leadership, including Brand Director and Programme Steer Co. Deliver monthly reporting to the wider business via bulletins and detailed reporting updates.
- Develop and deliver the internal and external (owners/operators/GMs) comms/stakeholder engagement plan, working cross-functionally to deliver the programme and instil confidence.
- Manage the compliance process, working closely with Legal. Support with the development of REC papers and ensure issue of compliance/default/termination letters for non-compliant hotels.
What we need from you
- 6-8 years in hospitality or other service sector, preferably within a large multinational company, with roles focused on Project Management and/or Brand Management and Operations roles.
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking and understanding of the hospitality industry
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong cognitive skills – including problem solving, decision making, relationship management and analysis
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing and negotiating skills, required to drive positive outcomes both internally and externally
- Action oriented and results driven
- Commercially savvy
- Operational experience (desired)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work through people to achieve results in a matrix environment and the ability to adjust by audience
- Works well under stress and has the ability to manage multiple projects and programs in an environment with tight deadlines
What we offer
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a hybrid way, blending remote and office working. Although we thrive on collaborating in person, we expect that you’re likely to spend time working remotely. Every role is different, and colleagues work with their team and their leader to determine how and when they collaborate in person. We like to believe we offer a unique culture where you have room to be yourself.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong industry competitive package, including healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity equity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process and working environment.
Whilst this role will initially be based in our Denham head office location, by the end of 2022 we will be relocating to our new Global Headquarters in central Windsor so you will need to be able to travel to Windsor as required in the longer term.
Closing date for applications: 30th June