Senior Manager, Brand Design
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R188798
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Develop and deliver strategic initiatives aligned with the brand’s core value proposition and design philosophy to enable the brand’s business ambition, while remaining guest and Owner centric, and commercially focused.
- Provide critical thought leadership to deliver global and regional design and guest experience direction aligned with the brand’s globally defined core value proposition, strategic pillars (including its guiding principles) and design philosophy to enable the brand’s business ambition.
- Determine strategic objectives regarding brand design and guest experience offerings and develop the corresponding tactical initiatives to achieve those objectives. Effectively communicate initiatives to subordinate staff, cross-functional stakeholders, and hotel colleagues. Serve as primary contact for new strategic initiatives, answering questions and providing program information as needed.
- Work with Executive Leaders, Owners, and Operators to gain support and input into design and guest experience initiatives, and to communicate regarding program successes, issues, changes, etc.
- Engage with Owner and Operator community (both formally through an IHGOA committee and informally) to gain alignment on case for change, understand operational viability of design options and to garner support to embed design in hotels.
- Manage global cross-functional teams or work cross-functionally to execute design and guest experience initiatives across brands and/or regional markets.
- Oversee annual budget guidance, design and guest experience brand standards publishing to ensure effective deployment of all solutions.
- Review and analyze global, regional, and local market data to understand current trends within the brand, the brand’s competitive set and other adjacent players.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to Global Brand Managers towards the development of design and guest experience programs.
- Coach and develop team members, act as an advisor and mentor to team members to help meet business objectives or professional development goals.
What we need from you
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Marketing, Hospitality, or a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 6 to 10 years progressive work-related experience in marketing, brand management, design, and/or hotel operations, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position, including experience working within a franchise organization and specifically working with/influencing franchisees.
- Candidate experience should include innovation or product development/enhancement work built upon the understanding of consumer/guest needs.
- The ideal candidate will have worked and/or supported a brand that successfully established a truly differentiated experience through design in its respective industry.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Experience developing brand design and experience solutions & tools
- Experience in dealing with key stakeholders from board level to line colleagues
- Experience in managing logistically complex programs and projects
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation. Most projects are cross-functional and therefore require a high-level of both impact and influence skills and project management skills.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff. Ability to influence across levels and departments.
- Most of the work in this position is innovative, forward thinking, strategic the candidate must be able to present and defend a point of view clearly and articulately, react appropriately to unexpected reactions, and diversity of thought, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of branding and brand management, including research methodologies and product and/or program design (basic measurement and statistics).
- Demonstrated organization and management development, including demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop/implement enterprise initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop consumer understanding based on research, design testing and existing trends, at the global, regional and/or local market level.
What we offer
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving ability and demonstrated creative thinking skills as evidenced by prior projects and/or campaigns.
- Thorough and in-depth knowledge and experience of hotel operations
- Experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Managerial skills (person leads large cross-functional teams)
- High degree of credibility with owners and operators
- Able to influence those outside own reporting structure
- Commercially astute
- Must be challenging, diplomatic, and empathetic
- A good ‘real world’ sensibility when applying strategic solutions
- Strong at tactical delivery with a good eye for detail
- Responsive to demands from multiple stakeholder groups and able to understand and balance consumer, managerial and ownership perspectives
- High degree of personal drive and able to pursue own intuition and vision
- Able to apply creative methodologies and thinking to the tasks
- Passionate advocate of branding the design and guest experience
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans