Senior Manager - Revenue Management Product Owner
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R189616
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary –
One stop shop or hub for driving all strategy, new development, and performance enhancements for specific set of products. Product manager coordinates among tactical analysts, developers, and functional subject matter experts to create holistic product solutions for Revenue Management’s customers/stakeholders and the CRS across multiple channels. The product manager will manage the end to end product lifecycle from idea inception through development and launch, leveraging specialists, operators, and stakeholders along the way. They define product needs via a “roadmap” of initiatives mapped out over a predetermined cycled timeline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- Lead development and implementation of product strategy: future state based on deep understanding of how the business works, incorporating customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities as well as the potential “game changing” new functionality and capabilities IHG will require to compete.. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs.
- Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities once implemented.
- Drive new product development – through the writing of sound business requirements based on capabilities which will define the functionality in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products
- Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.
- Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles.
Internal Key Relationships
- Global Revenue Management leaders and end users: collaborate on pricing and yield management products, tools, reports and data. Gather product information for sites and usage trends for research
- IT: coordinate technical or systems functionality and communication
- GHOS Peers: work with peer groups relating to interdepencies of systems, databases and well as resources
- Marketing & Loyalty: engagement related to revenue optimization of cross department initiatives and projects (such as room types and stay enhancements)
- Global Sales: collaborate on current initiatives and client needs
External Key Relationships
- Vendors: interactions relating to data, reports, tools & systems Owners: have an owner mindset and involvement with occasional owner summits
- Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment and remote work.
- Some travel required as needed (generally less than 10%)
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Hotel Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics/ Operations Research, Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced.
- 8 plus years progressive work-related experience, with preferred direct hands on hotel experience including 3 years’ experience in product management, product development, marketing or operations, with demonstrated travel (hospitality) industry experience and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and understanding in a specific area of expertise including products.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
- Demonstrated experience in detailed product development discovery, documentation, and design work.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated hotel industry knowledge reflecting the entire customer experience lifecycle (reservations – stay – ongoing relationship management).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Revenue Management including price optimization, yielding, overbooking, forward looking projections/forecasting as well as competitive analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of travel distribution channels (web, CRO, gds, or tpi) and reservations sales “building blocks”.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required
- Demonstrated ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast moving, rapidly evolving marketplace required
- Demonstrated ability to use prototyping or simulation in product creation
- Experience in formal requirements methodologies such as vision, scope, context, use cases, etc. preferred.
- Graduate coursework or degree a plus
Number of employees supervised: Direct___0____ Indirect____0-5
- Does not include potential supervision of outside agency relationships
Annual operating and/or payroll budget(s): $_____$100K-1M__
Decision making responsibilities
- This position reviews customer feedback to help determine project priorities. Performs analysis of customer feedback, business strategies and objectives to determine final project requirements.
- This position assists in determining the detailed design requirements of multiple projects based on budget, need, strategy, objectives etc.
- This position measures the effectiveness of Revenue Management Product delivery, works with Internal Departments to set policies, and researches technology vendors and data providers to determine potential business relationships.
- This position has final authority in interpretation of business requirements as presented by client in discovery process, and final authority in pre-production acceptance testing for features and functions developed on behalf of designated clients.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.