Senior Guest Services Agent - Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Singapore Katong (SINKA), 88 East Coast Road, 423371
Job number: 104769
Are you ready to make the SMART career choice? Holiday Inn Express is the smart choice for savvy business and leisure travelers, offering a relaxed, affordable and hassle-free stay every time. Located at the heart of key business and leisure districts, every Holiday Inn Express is just steps away from dining and entertainment options. As a Team Member at Holiday Inn Express, you will experience a variety of roles in your daily job and will be empowered to make a difference. You will be part of a multi-skilled, multi-talented, collaborative and action-oriented team to deliver the SMART experience, providing everything our guests need and nothing they don’t.
Join us as a Senior Guest Services Agent in Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. We’re looking for someone who can:
Senior Guest Services Agent (SGSA) play a significant role in providing consistent, reliable service in the hotel including superior cleanliness standards and optimum manpower productivity. Accountable for Guest Service Agents’ execution of the consistent Holiday Inn Express guest experience.
- To assist the Guest Service Leader (GSL) in the hotel's revenue growth by leveraging on the company's systems, procedures and business processes.
- Handling Guest check out and billing in an efficient, friendly and hassle free manner.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Provide GSA’s mentoring, training, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve employee engagement and guest’s satisfaction.
- Promote the Holiday Inn Express ‘one team approach’ and reliable service through daily communication and coordination with all team members.
- Ensure own productivity and that of the team on a day-to-day basis by planning and assigning work and establishing performance and development goals as set by the GSL.
- Educate/train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws & safety regulations.
- Ensure ‘one team approach’ and quality service through daily communication and coordination.
- Check Guests in – Efficiently Greet, register and confirm guest particulars and payment details upon check in. Issue keys.
- Check Guests Out - Print and confirm details of payment and bill for guests upon check out
- Answer any guests enquires practically and simply in adherence to brand standards.
- Handle guests' complaints appropriately adhering to brand standards or direct them to GSL’s.
- Handle cashiering, payment and foreign currency exchange accurately.
- Demonstrate Brand Hearted behaviors by maintaining compliance with all brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates.
- Retrieve and print all necessary reports.
- Accurately Enter/Update Reservations (when Reservations office is closed or busy).
- Handle Telephone Enquires efficiently and effectively.
- Perform in a self-sufficient way in line with business requirements.
- Updating constantly on local knowledge to improve the guest experience.
- Responsible for IHG Rewards Club Enrollment & Recognition
- Finance/Admin (Petty Cash Processing, Purchasing, Billing)
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Ensure the ‘one team approach’ by assisting in all Reception tasks when required.
- Ensure GSA complete all tasks.
- Accountable for the maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with the Service Level Standards.
- Great Room- Process Guest Food and Beverage Order, Clear Tables (The Great Room) Refresh Food and Beverage in The Great Room
- Meeting room- Set up Meeting Room, Make Tea and Coffee, Clean Meeting Room
- Clean and Organize Guest Areas and Pick up debris throughout Public Areas
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint.
- Act in a responsible and senior way when dealing with hotel revenue.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- Minimum Diploma or equivalent plus four years’ service industry experience.
- Supervisory experience is essential.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including
- Duty Meals
- Birthday Off
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Insurance Coverage
- 25-50% F&B Discount at restaurants within IHG Singapore Hotels
- Special Employee Rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
- Room to Grow Opportunities
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the Holiday Inn Express brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to Holiday Inn Express and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.