Senior Director Hotel Openings, Conversions & Contract Renewals
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate Office
Location: Mainland China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Job number: CORPORATE05721
Lead the hotel openings, conversions & contract renewals team to deliver year on year system size target, including new openings, conversions / rebranding & contract renewals.
· Play as team leader to manage the Openings and C&CR (Conversions & Contract Renewals) lifecycle from day-to-day management to mid & long-term strategic planning.
· Lead and guide the regional Opening Manager / Director to achieve on time & on brand openings for each project, and a smooth handover to Operations Leadership Team for success ramp up performance both commercially & guest experiences.
· Lead and guide the C&CR team to deliver quality PIP (Property Improvement Plan) to achieve high quality conversion / rebranding assets entering IHG portfolio and support the existing IHG properties meeting new standards & market expectation for on brand experience throughout the life cycle.
· Join as HLGLT (Hotel Lifecycle & Growth Leadership Team) for departmental activities, short to long term strategic planning, performance tracking & enhancement of one team cultural.
· Lead the opening support for halo projects involve cross functions supports with timely update to Head / VP HLG (Hotel Lifecycle & Growth).
· Ensuring all opening / project management tools and systems are up to date to meet the requirements of new WoW (Ways of Working) and innovating new tools to deliver a full lifecycle management.
Your day to day
· Bachelor Degree in Hotel & Tourism Management, Business or equivalent preferred
· 10 years hotel management operations experience (GM and above, multiple properties management experience preferable)
· Pre-opening & rebranding hotels management experience.
· Experience of managing teams, preferably cross-functional/discipline teams as well as with and without direct hierarchical authority (ie external teams or teams from other functions with no direct line management authority)
· Project management experience in a matrix organization overseeing multiple business units.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
· Fluent in English & Mandarin both oral and written.
· Project management and delivery
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent inter-personal skills, with strong negotiation, impact and influence and problem-solving skills
· Able to work under pressure and prepared to travel extensively
· People- and task-oriented