Senior Commercial Performance Manager, Luxury & Lifestyle
Location: China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Hotel: Corp Shanghai, 2nd Floor, Citigroup Tower, No. 33 Hua Yuan Shi Qiao Road, Pudong District, 200120
Job number: 105082
Support Head of Sales & Marketing Operations in providing guidance to the hotel sales and marketing team within the assigned area aim to drive hotel performance by fully utilizing corporate resources, strategic business planning and execution of marketing and sales plans and strategies which ultimately stimulate business demand and achieve ongoing enhancement in revenue growth.
Driving Hotel Performance:
- Works closely with Regional General Managers, VP Operations / Regional Director of Operations, General Managers and hotel Directors of Sales & Marketing to conduct business reviews and develop marketing and sales strategies and tactics which support revenue maximization, enhancement of brands and returns to owners, shareholders and franchisees for new and existing hotels.
- Reviews marketing and sales budgets and allocated expenditures to ensure most effective use of funds available to support business objectives.
- Assist hotels in fully utilizing the available market intelligence for developing strategic plans and better understanding of the competition and the business trend.
- Conduct periodical reviews on all hotels in the assigned area and identify hotels with a shortfall in revenue against budget or a downtrend in business. Work with the hotels on developing strategies and plans addressing the issues and follow through on the execution.
- Work closely with Head of Sales & Marketing Operations and Revenue Management team on driving hotel performance with emphasis on high CTP hotels and key cities. Ensure that the hotels are making full use of the corporate resources and provided with full support from all disciplines.
- Driving Cluster Initiatives in key cities to leverage on scale and resources. Such activities include sales, revenue management, cluster promotions etc.
- Ensure that the hotels are fully utilizing the support from Regional Sales Team in pursuing business from key target segments and accounts.
- Assist hotels in driving PCR contribution and utilizing the PCR database for promotions and awareness building.
- Provide support to hotels on growing the system contribution by maximizing the use of all booking channels.
- Work with New Hotels Opening Performance team in the development of the pre-opening sales and revenue planning of new hotels and to ensure that the plans are well executed. Keeps abreast of Sales & Marketing related best practices in the assigned area and take the initiative to share with other Area DOSMs and DOSMs.
- Ensure synergy in the use of hotel operating systems, technology and sales practices and the sharing of best practices.
- Assist Brand Director and the Brand Marketing Managers on special projects and new brand initiatives which include brand promotional campaigns, customer events, customer insight survey etc.
- Assist hotels in developing of advertising and sales promotions and plans, which support the achievement of profitability objectives at the hotel level within the assigned area with the established brand values.
- Works closely with the brand team to offer support to hotels on the execution and interpretation of the positioning of different brands to ensure the presence of a uniformed brand experience in the marketplace.
- Responsible for identifying the training needs of the hotels in the assigned area and coordinate on training programs for the region to improve the technical skills and knowledge of the sales & marketing teams.
- Identify high potential talents for development in the assigned area. Ensure that there are Personal Development Plans for the individuals and the plans are well executed.
- Work closely other Area Directors of Sales & Marketing and Human Resources in identifying external candidates for the ongoing development of the region.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Good understanding on the capability of hotel and distribution systems
- Ability to analyze, interpret and extract trends from data
- Display an understanding of the Chinese markets including first tier and second tier cities
- Demonstrate an affinity with technology
- Establishes goals and objectives and sets performance targets
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Deliver presentations with impact
- Partnership driven
- Can meet deadlines
- Thinks globally
- Creates work environment that:
- Energize, motivate and support employees
- Foster a climate of open communication, trust and respect
- Encourages team behavior
- Effectively communicates with all levels
- A strong leader, able to act as a role model
- Creative thinker
- Understands people, people focused
- Strategic and tactical thinker
- Is patient, yet persistent
- Demanding but reasonable
- Culturally aware and sensitive
- Bachelor degree or equivalent International degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce
- Has attended marketing focused workshops facilitated by industry/tertiary providers.
Requires individual with:
- Hotel Director of Sales & Marketing background
- Experience with multi-brand entity preferred
- Geographical/international experience
- Experience in launching and marketing brands in multi national markets #LI-RX1
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.