Senior Catering Sales Manager - voco Orchard Singapore
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Orchard Singapore (SINOR), 581 Orchard Road, 238883
Job number: 119578
- Work closely with Banquet and other departments to facilitate services agreed upon and to ensure the overall success of the event.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and training to junior staff in the team
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
- Establish strong working relationship with Event Organizers and maintain accurate and updated information about their needs for their function.
- Promote guest satisfaction and encourage referrals
- Handle feedback and resolve complaints from guests
- Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction
- Manage events functions to achieve the optimum departmental revenue targets
- Follow up on potential sales leads
- Design and plan catering event packages to maximise the conversions and profitability for the hotel.
- Negotiate and review catering event packages offered to clients
- Represent the hotel in promotion and sale of conference MICE, Outdoor Catering and Weddings as required
- Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepare contracts for confirmed catering events
- Be up to date with current event management trends and competitive packages in the market
- Confident and professional approach when dealing with clients and suppliers
- Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with Vendors and Partners
- Prepare event orders, proposals, confirmation and other agreements
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we need from you
- Diploma/Degree in Business/Marketing/ Tourism/Hospitality Management/Travel or related disciplines
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in Sales within the Hospitality Industry
- Good communication skills and shows initiative
- Committed to working on weekends, public holidays and evenings
- Well versed in systems such as: Opera
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible work approach
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.