Senior Business Development Manager
Hotel: Hotel Indigo - Singapore Katong (SINKI)
Job number: EMEAA36989
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
Join us as a Business Development Manager in Hotel Indigo Singapore Katong. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. We’re looking for someone who can:
Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
- Assist in producing the Annual Revenue Plan
- Analyse current and potential markets/trends, coordinates all activities to maintain and increase revenue through added business volume and increased rate
- Procure new and repeat business for the hotel by monitoring contact with travel agencies and corporate clients, within local and international companies. Maintains contact with planners, corporate accounts, incentive buyers and wholesalers, through personal sales calls, telephone contacts and written communications
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Monitor, analyse and report variations from the budget
- Make group pricing decisions upon consultation with Revenue team & Director/Assistant Director of Sales
- Work with Assistant Director of Sales to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
- Ensure training needs analysis of sales staff is carried out and training programmes are designed and implemented to meet needs
- Coach junior colleagues by providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Regularly communicate with staff and maintain good relations
- Oversee the selling and servicing of group business
- Meet with guests from major producers/organizers of big events staying in the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction
- Manage key accounts
- Monitor competitor activities
- Plan and execute sales trips to major market areas
- Produce monthly Sales reports and forecasts
What we need from you
Qualifications and requirements:
- Diploma or equivalent in Business Administration, Hotel Management or related field
- At least 4 years of related experience
- Possess good market knowledge
- Proven sales track record
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player and excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
- Ability to thrive in a fast and dynamic environment
- Flexible to respond to a range of different work situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including
- Duty Meal
- Birthday Off
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Insurance Coveraege
- 25-50% F&B Discount at restaurants within IHG Singapore Hotels
- Special Employee Rate at all IHG Hotels Worldwide
- Room to Grow Opportunities
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.