Security Supervisor - Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Egypt, Al Ismā`īlīyah, Cairo
Job number: EMEAA25791
Crowne Plaza is a global chain of full service, upscale hotels headquartered in the United Kingdom. It caters to business travelers and the meetings and conventions market. It is part of the (IHG) InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands, which include InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Voco, Staybrige Suites, Kimpton Hotels and Regent. As one of the world's largest upscale brands, we have properties located in major urban centers, gateway cities and resort destinations all around the globe and can be found in nearly 100 countries with more than 429 hotels and 118,000 rooms globally.
Since opening in 2012 Arkan Plaza has evolved into West Cairo’s primary commercial and social destination, offering a multitude of retail and dining outlets along with gyms, banks and offices. All radiating from its welcoming central plaza, situated in the heart of Sheikh Zayed located on the 26th of July corridor main spine, which connects the cities of Sheikh Zayed and 6th of October with the central Cairo area.
Crowne Plaza West Cairo - Arkan is scheduled to open in 2021, the 178-room new build will form part of Phase II of Arkan Plaza. The Hotel is 10 minutes away from the “new” Grand Egyptian Museum and 15 minutes from the Great Pyramids of Giza. It is also in close proximity to Cairo International Airport and will be just 10 kilometers away from Sphinx International Airport. Business and leisure travelers can get the best of both worlds with three meeting rooms and a business center along with an outdoor pool and Club Lounge
We are currently looking for a Security Supervisor to join our amazing pre-opening team.
Your day to day
- Strive for constant improvement and take responsibility for your own performance
- Report problems to Management with suggestions for resolution
- Clarifies own job responsibilities and looks for opportunities that will increase skills and job knowledge
- Understands how their role fits with others and contributes to the success of business
- Provides information when requested and promotes hotel’s services, facilities and special events
- Implements department procedures and policies as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to anticipate their needs.
- Anticipate guest needs, handle guest enquires, and solve problems
- Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers
- Adhere to hotel brand standards
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
- Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests
- Actively participate in organized meetings
- Interact with department and hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two-way communication
- Be open to new ideas and make changes in the job and routine as required
- Complete tasks as directed by Management
- Develop/update skills and knowledge (internally or externally) to reflect changed technology or changed work requirements
- Seek feedback on areas of shortfall
- Ensure that your work quality meets the standards required and complete tasks in a timely and thorough manner with minimum supervision
- Follow standards, policies and procedures
- Meet hotel attendance and grooming standards
- Work effectively with customers and colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries
What we need from you
- Good communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Must be able to observe situations and make appropriate response
- Must be able to work with speed
- Unit independently.
- Following Complex Instructions
- Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of Security Operations and Procedure
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Manage Multiple Tasks
What we offer
In return we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online"
We are an equal opportunity employer.