Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R187065
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
The Security Architect helps to set the vision and parameters that operations and delivery teams operate within. The Security Architect helps build and support governance processes that ensure deliverables meet IHG policies and standards for security confidentiality, integrity, and availability. The Security Architect provides subject matter expertise for cross-functional teams to understand both business and technical requirements. Additionally, the Security Architect as a member of the Security Architecture team, is responsible for ensuring Security requirements and controls are properly in place and used throughout the enterprise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Analyzes business systems and end-to-end processes to identify security control gaps and recommends mitigation controls and maturity growth technologies
- Makes strategic decisions about secure system design, implementation, and maintenance
- Maintains a technical understanding of IHG technology, IT, and Security systems
- Leads the security architectural component of large, complex projects (e.g., a family of products or IT services) involving multiple vendors, multiple technologies, leading‐edge technologies, and broad implications for security architecture to ensure the proper placement and utilization of security requirements and controls
- Leads the development of complex proposals related to integrating security capabilities and controls with multiple architecture domains (i.e., conceptual, physical, component, operational)
- Researches latest security technologies and trends within the Hospitality and Security industries
- Develops security roadmaps incorporating industry best practices
- Creates, updates, and revises technical Security Standards, including managing Standards governance processes
- Creates, maintains, and represents Security Scorecards of essential security capabilities / controls
- Interacts and liaises with clients and senior management in regions all over the world
- Provides comprehensive status reports on project support, security research, etc. on a periodic basis
What we need from you
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
A minimum of 10+ years of progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
General Skills and Knowledge –
- Strong initiative to drive deliverables and projects with a strong attention to detail
- Strong competency in creation and maintenance of security standards based on industry standard security frameworks and control libraries
- Strong proficiency in Business Process Analysis
- Strong proficiency in Technical and Standards Writing
- Experience in successfully facilitating and running large stakeholder meetings
- Strong proficiency in MS Office – specifically Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Technical mastery and competency in security architecture, with broad knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of technologies supported. Ideal working areas of knowledge include:
- Identity and Access Management capabilities
- Cloud Security capabilities
- Authentication and Authorization Security development (e.g. APIs)
- Competency in security research and development of maturity roadmaps including ability to evaluate products within a product family to determine best fit for a specific use case
- Prior experience with Software Vulnerability Analysis, Red Teaming, or Penetration Testing
- Working knowledge of industry security frameworks (e.g., NIST CSF, NIST 800.53, ISO 2700X, PCI, HIPAA)
- CISSP, SANS GIAC, ISSAP, or equivalent security certification
What we offer
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.