Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: InterContinental - Hayman Island Resort (HISHA)
Job number: EMEAA19359
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver the purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of The Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities and professional training and development. Enjoy the one-of-a-kind experience of living and working on a tropical island in paradise.
Your day to day
Seamstress/Tailor is a key role in our Rooms Division Team working in the Housekeeping Team in the day to day of the Laundry operation. A role that will expose you to a resort environment, and a wide range of rewarding challenges and high end clientele working across a mix of business, providing services for colleagues, guests and the resort in a high volume environment.
You will work closely with the Laundry team with your main focus on sewing of colleague and guest garments, you will also support with Laundry Attendant duties as required.
Your day to day will include;
• Colleague uniform mending, labelling and alterations
• Pressing of uniforms
• Guest garment alterations and mending
• Laundering and dry cleaning guest garments, colleague uniforms and resort linen
What we need from you
This is a fast paced and high volume environment in a resort property where lifts and indoor travel is not prevalent, and whilst you will be based in the Laundry, walking long distances between accommodation blocks and resort areas will be required. You will need to be healthy, fit and have a passion for sewing as well as be comfortable to support the wider Housekeeping team with cleaning of rooms and public areas if required. This is a great opportunity to grow your skills and capability!
Alongside substantial seamstress/tailor experience you will have good communication skills with exposure to a resort or housekeeping environment highly regarded but not essential. You will also have excellent attention to detail with a commitment to high quality finishes and be able to work autonomously as well as in a team. In addition, you will hold the appropriate work rights to work within Australia and be flexible to work weekends and evenings as required to support the resort operations.
What we offer
- World class colleague facilities including excellent subsidised villa accommodation with a dedicated pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields.
- An exciting and ever-changing colleague activities calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional growth opportunities including multi-hire programs, skills training and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
- Part of the Queensland ‘Work in Paradise' initiative offering up to $1500 in incentives + a $250 Job Start Travel Bonus for eligible new starters.