Sales & Conference Services Coordinator - InterContinental Mark Hopkins
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: InterContinental - Mark Hopkins San Francisco (SFOHA)
Job number: R202921
Discover San Francisco's historic charm at our InterContinental® Mark Hopkins San Francisco hotel, where modern luxuries meet the Bay area's golden, glamorous era. Find breathtaking views at our Nob Hill hotel, featuring opulent rooms with unique artwork, modern amenities, and an easy stroll to the area's top attractions. Discover panoramic views of the City while enjoying signature cocktails at Top of the Mark sky lounge, or let our Concierge Desk curate your personalized, unforgettable stay.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts®, we own, operate and franchise more than 3000 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired, and successful hotel company the world over.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
As a Sales Coordinator, you will coordinate services for clients and in-house guest and provide administrative and sales support for the department.
Your day to day
- Produces administrative work to either the customer and/or internal departments in a timely and accurate manner
- Effectively responding to general inquiries on the telephone and in-person, and directing them appropriate, providing preliminary hotel rooms and catering information, and qualifying leads across segments.
- Screen inquiries while probing for the most possible information from customer.
- Work closely with Conference Services & Catering Managers to ensure that a comprehensive knowledge of client files exists in order to respond to client needs in the absence of the manager
- Assist in Post Event Reports and ensuring these are included in the client file before closing the file. This includes but is not limited to Commissions, Meeting Planner Points, and Post Con Reports
- Provide key departments with information on upcoming events on a daily basis
- Conduct site inspections: rooms, conference space and F&B outlets as requested
- Overseeing clients while in-house, ensuring their events go as they expect and anticipating their needs
- Run weekly Sales & Catering reports and ensure the system is current and up to date; upkeep of Sales & Catering menus, resources, pricing and function diary
- Assist in organization of in-house functions and FAM events
- Responsible for preparing and distributing Banquet Event Orders and floor plans on a daily/weekly basis. This includes the prompt distribution of last-minute changes to affected departments.
- Administrative duties such as preparing vouchers for F&B outlets, printing daily signage, preparing weekly minutes, scheduling Pre-Con meetings and other essential appointments, printing of menus, gift certificates, preparation of VIP Amenity Forms, and the creation of all purchase orders for the department
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times
- Position is responsible for keeping inventory of all printed supplies as well as other miscellaneous supplies having to do with the department in cooperation with the other coordinators
- Other duties as assigned
What we need from you
- Previous luxury hotel/resort experience preferred
- Strong administration and organization skills with a proven ability to juggle many tasks simultaneously in a busy work environment
- Familiar with and knowledge of Delphi/Amadeus, Opera Sales and Catering or a similar Sales & Catering system
- Ability to interact with customers
- Multi-lingual skills are beneficial
- Hospitality diploma or degree an asset
- The potential to be a creative team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, business acumen, energy and determination
- Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Ability to be self-motivated in creating the most efficient systems for processing the required responsibilities
- Ability to make decisions, if needed, without guidance at times
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet short deadlines and multi-task
- Good telephone technique and etiquette
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants.