Sales Manager at voco® Dubai The Palm (Pre-opening)
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Hotel: voco™ - The Palm (DXBPJ)
Job number: EMEAA28296
Welcome to voco®, IHG’s new upscale brand.
Drawing on our years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco Hotels, gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels are connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that stand out from the crowd.
Becoming part of the family, everyone’s a host…
Every great stay starts with a great host, who are the beating heart of our hotels. Our teams are there when people need them but, give them space to relax. It’s these thoughtful touches that give our service the balance guests adore: natural and easy-going but, also friendly without being over the top.
voco Dubai Palm The Palm is conveniently located on the trunk of the manmade island while being part of the newly launched “Palm West Beach”, a trendy and vibrant spot with an array of exceptional dining concepts. The 141 keys property is scheduled to open its doors to guests in early 2022.
Your day to day
Our Host’s Job Role:
To take ownership, manage and execute all strategies and activities for room sales and conference sales at voco® Dubai The Palm. Responsible for proactively soliciting, managing and contracting leisure agencies. Establish partnerships with MICE and SMERF planners, concierge companies, associations, corporate accounts, individuals or other markets in order to promote the hotel and secure business. Actively manage relationships with IHG’s Regional and Global Sales Associates.
• Active business development, client relationship management, hotel show arounds, networking / business entertainments.
• Actively sell all hotel services through outside sales calls, telemarketing, entertainment, sales trips, events and other channels.
• Understand the overall Palm business, Dubai market, competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand and identify opportunities to sell above competitors.
• Know the business in the market including where and why clients book at competitor hotels.
• Identify business trends and sales opportunities that can improve hotel's performance.
• Identify opportunities and ways to maximize and exceed revenue goals.
• Monitor segment and productivity and targets.
• Identify best opportunities for future business based on hotel needs.
• Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close business for hotel and maximize revenue opportunities.
• Effectively manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain a central and up to date file of all rates contracted, offers and promotions in place.
• Budget, strategies and execute sales plan as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
• Prospect and qualify new business by conducting regular market drives, utilizing reports such as Hotelligence, in-house guest lists, industry publications, etc.
• Review market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, desired rates, etc.
• Negotiate with clients to achieve maximum profit while satisfying client need
• Identify and analyze competitor hotels both locally and regionally to understand competitor strengths and weaknesses.
• Prepare and review weekly sales report, listing daily efforts, including a summary of all definite and tentative business booked along with any cancellations and/ or lost business.
• Coordinate transient and group room commitments to insure proper market mix.
• Enhance the hotel’s community image and stays abreast of competition, new development, and sales methods and techniques in the hotel industry.
• Networking with Destination Account Managers within various Tourism entities.
• Develop strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting assumptions and recommending objectives.
What we need from you
- 4-5 years of experience in Leisure Sales with premium or lifestyle destination hotels.
- 2-3 years of experience in Corporate Sales
- 1-2 years of experience in Groups & Events Sales
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and foster beneficial relationships especially with owning company and business partners
- High level of passion in the Sales & Marketing field including F&B commercial, enthusiasm and drive for result
- Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG, we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.