Sales Coordinator- Hotel Indigo LES
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, New York, New York
Hotel: Indigo - Lower East Side New York (NYCOS)
Job number: R200183
Do you see yourself as a Sales Coordinator for our trendy Hotel Indigo Lower East Side Manhattan property? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
· Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
· Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
· Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
Your day to day
· Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
· Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special handling.
· Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied clients.
· Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
· May coordinate outside vendor services needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
· Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent plus 1 year experience in a sales/catering office or related field. Some College preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Have at least 2 years of OPERA experience
· Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
· Type at least 50 wpm; proficient PC computer skills Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
· Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties
· Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
· Handling objects, products and computer equipment
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
· Basic math skills are used frequently.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans