Safety & Security Supervisor - InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai Festival City (DXBHB), PO 45777, 45777
Job number: 120770
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a Safety & Security Supervisor who can make transactions feel seamless, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
Do you see yourself as a Safety & Security Supervisor for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn & Suites. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day
- To oversee all daily duty locations and responsibilities of Security Officers. Coordinate a smooth daily operation as per the department standard and Managers direction, ensuring effective communication and information exchange between the management and security staff
- To ensure all Security Officers are aware of and adhering to the company Policies and Procedures
- Conducts an effective shift hand over, including briefing all staff of relevant events and information, taking possession of departmental property and responsibility for their safekeeping
- Initiates investigation of crimes committed against property and persons, writes incident and accident reports, monitors investigations to their timely conclusion and ensures appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors, employees, reports and documenting contacts
- Be correct, secure and courteous in handling any disciplinary or criminal case
- Observe and report all identified violations of company Policies and Procedures, suspicious activities and criminal acts to Company Management
- Responsible for the security of the Hotel’s assets including but not limited to guests, colleagues, contractors and visitors
- Observe and report to company management all identified security hazards
- Maintain a high level of discipline & punctuality along with regular attendance as required by the standard
- Record all observed incidents on a daily log of incidents and submit same to Company Management
- Conduct locker checks in line with Human Resources when requested
- Coordinate functions with other security staff or external agencies such as Police, Civil Defense and other government departments, promoting good will with them
- Be alert for any unusual packages, guests or vehicles, taking appropriate action if located
- Be thoroughly familiar of the property layout, design, entry and exit points
- Ensure that the Security Control Room and Fire Control Rooms are never left unattended
- To attend regular training within the department
- Make way by escorting VIPs and dignitaries when directed and direct traffic away from Lobby and other busy thoroughfares
- Attend to all guest inquiries and requests immediately, with respect and to a high standard of customer service
- To strictly adhere to the hotel’s policy on confidentiality and ethics
What we need from you
- Security supervisor license from SIRA Dubai
- Excellent communication both written and oral in English
- Ability to be self-motivated, organized and demonstrate good team work
- Customer driven, culturally adaptable, communicates well and works with all level of people
- Good Computer literacy (Microsoft applications)
- Pro-active approach, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Minimum of 5 years experienced in a Security Supervisor role within a 5 Star Hotel or similar industry
What you can expect from us
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.