Rumba Barback - InterContinental Boston
Location: United States, Massachusetts, Boston
Hotel: InterContinental - Boston (BOSHA)
Job number: R190948
Do you see yourself as a Barback?
For over 70 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs; inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury; top rated on Trip Advisor for Boston hotels, named a ‘Top Place to Work’ by The Boston Globe, rated as one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine and featuring a Forbes Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience. The property overlooks Boston's historic waterfront, featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full-service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. We are looking for passionate people who are charming, confident and internationally-minded to ensure we continue the story of making great things happen at InterContinental® Boston.
Your day to day
POSITION OVERVIEW: Stock and maintain adequate beverage supplies to assist the Bartender in serving customers in a prompt and satisfactory manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stock bar area with liquor, beer, wine, non-alcoholic drinks, ice, and supplies by following established procedures. Replenish as needed throughout shift.
- Clean beverage equipment, glasses, and service areas; assist in clearing tables and cleaning work areas.
- Assist Bartender in the preparation of garnishes and mixes.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May set-up and replenish appetizer or “happy hour” buffet, if applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Prior restaurant or luxury hotel experience preferred
- Handling, carrying or pushing items weighing as much as 50 pounds (ice, carts, boxes, bottles, etc)
- Frequent standing and moving around the work areas
- Communication skills are necessary when interacting with guests and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills are used at times
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.