Rooms Division Manager (Local) - Hotel Indigo Bangkok Wireless Road
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: Thailand, Bangkok
Hotel: Bangkok Wireless Road (BKKIN), 81 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, 10330
Job number: 116212
As Rooms Division Manager you’ll lead the front office, housekeeping, Engineering and Security departments to ensure a memorable guest experience is delivered and departmental revenue and profit goals are met - always following safety and compliance requirements and local policies and procedures.
- Direct everyday activity, plan and assign work work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance
- Train colleagues to make sure they hit hotel revenue goals to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work effectively
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive - connect departments to create sense of one team
- Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue
- Prepare and submit statistical, performance, and forecast analyses and reports as required.
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, guest security, and inventory control
- Use company systems and processes to maximise revenue. Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk
- Hit all personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability
- Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance their experience
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups and other key guests
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities
- Ensure front office staff provides guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction.
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies
- Ensure that guest satisfaction data is analysed and that plans are developed and implemented to achieve established goals
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information related to the expected arrival and departure of VIP’s and other key guests, or other special guest needs
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high-profile exposure for the hotel
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities
- Act as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and brand in the local community and promote team member involvement in community outreach efforts.
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximise advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally – occasionally acting as hotel representative for media related enquiries
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Regularly audit all financial transactions to ensure governmental regulations and data privacy requirements are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.