Rooms Division Manager (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA35927
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
This is a newly opportunity for a full-time Rooms Division Manager to join our talented leadership team at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel.
Your day to day
As Rooms Division Manager you’ll lead the Front Office, Guest Service and Housekeeping departments to achieve a reputation as a market leader within our luxury hotel environment.
Leading from the front, you will create a team who are highly customer focused whilst proactively driving and maximising revenue and upselling programs.
You will be an experienced senior leader who enjoys leading by example and working closely with your team, seeing the value in coaching and developing individuals around you. Your focus on continuous improvement and problem solving will ensure that you are comfortable with accountability for the Rooms Division across the hotel.
This is a busy and varied role that will allow you to further stretch your leadership, commercial acumen, organisational skills and exceptional guest deliverables within a high performing environment.
What we need from you
- Two years of guest service/hotel experience in a management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in coaching and developing a team, recruitment and performance management;
- Exceptional service standards and ability to lead within a high end, luxury, VIP environment
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or related field would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card is required
- Strong organisational, written & communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & prioritise workload
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive Salary
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Flexible work options - talk to us about what works for you!
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.