Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, London, London
Hotel: InterContinental - London Park Lane (LONHB)
Job number: R201235
InterContinental London Park Lane has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Rooms Controller!
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses - where Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II once used to reside, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
We are Looking for a Rooms Controller who can commit to working 40 Hours, 5 days a week.
We are offering an hourly rate paying £14.00 per hour.
Our hotel is open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
What’s in it for you as our Rooms Controller:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company, which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True hospitality for good’. Our Rooms Controllers enjoy a range of benefits including:
- £29,120.00 salary (£14.00 per hour) Plus great IHG perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers, Technology)
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly massage therapy, foot doctor plus free medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurant Theo Randall and Wellington Lounge
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive monetary bonuses and recognition for outstanding work!
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year such as ‘quiz nights’ and ‘bowling nights’ to name a few!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant ‘Park Lane Café’
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
As our Rooms Controller, your key focus will be to:
- Examine arrivals for special requests and make appropriate room allocations
- Co-ordinate VIP treatment with Guest Services, Room Service and Housekeeping.
- Co-ordinate VIP amenity delivery with In-Room Dining according to arrival times
- Assist the front desk when required and supervise a shift when required
- Ensure Out of Service/Out of Order rooms are updated and followed up
- Balance inventory where required by managing allocations and upgrading guests whilst balancing guest requests and business needs
- Respond to all customer queries in a polite, friendly and efficient manner
- Deal with complaints, escalating where necessary
- Keep all relevant parties informed of feedback from guests or other departments
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Rooms Controller then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.