Room Technician @ Hotel Indigo Dubai Downtown
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai, Dubai
Job number: EMEAA25863
A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo ®, we do more than satisfy our guests' curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues help create memorable and unique experiences for our guests; in a place truly connected to the local neighborhood, infused with intriguing design and local flavors. Where every day brings new discoveries, fresh experiences, and unexpected ideas.
And just like our hotels, no two colleagues are the same. So, we’re curious about YOU. How will you inspire the eclectic rhythm in our hotels? How will you bring the local neighborhood story to life? At Hotel Indigo® hotels, we’re excited to meet spirited characters who can delight the most curious guests.
The hotel boasts 269 tastefully decorated rooms, each thoughtfully designed to reflect the hotels neighborhood story, the story of Dubai creek. Other facilities that our guests can enjoy include an infinity pool deck, fully equipped fitness center and our neighborhood café and bar, both offering seamless service and array of experiences reflecting this expressive neighborhood.
We are proud to boast over 200 pieces of locally sourced art, for which we now require an art enthusiast to give their full attention.
Your day to day
To assist the Chief Engineer or Engineering Supervisor with general hotel and building maintenance and ensure that work is completed to a high standard within your established trade which meets the needs and expectations of your customers.
- Perform all routine preventative maintenance and curative maintenance
- Maintain a level of broader knowledge which enables you to handle minor problems in all fields of the department
- Attend to all types of repair and maintenance work in the Hotel premises.
- Repair and maintain guest room facilities, light facilities, furniture and equipment
- Assist with the implementation of the hotel’s preventative maintenance system and repair log system
- Prioritize work in line with guest requests and management
- Record daily service work, including maintaining individual replacement costs along with time/task labour hours cost
- Implement and carry out maintenance program in accordance with established timeframes
- Ensure that appropriate files are maintained and resources kept for future reference
- Complete daily reports outlining work undertaken for the day
- Rooms / Public areas- Apply paint, stain and other finishes to property walls, ceilings and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Participate in the preventive maintenance program of all-building equipment and
- Support the Chief Engineer and Engineering Supervisor work with the Engineering team to accomplish daily maintenance of property.
What we need from you
In order to be considered for this role, ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for :
- Minimum 1 years of experience in hotels in similar positing
- Previous background of repair & maintenance hands on experience
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures and use of test equipment
Good command of English language, both oral and written
What we offer
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organization, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefit package.
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow. So, whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com