Room Service Food Server
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: InterContinental - Buckhead Atlanta (ATLBH)
Job number: R202760
InterContinental Buckhead is one of Atlanta’s established Mobil Four Star luxury properties located in the heart of the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood. InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is a stately and sophisticated hotel that offers premier travel experience with 422 guest rooms, 31,000 square feet of flexible event space including our lavish ballrooms which can host up to 850 guests for a seated dinner and 1500 for a convention, conference or reception. Enjoy local Italian Steakhouse-inspired cuisine at the AMERICANO RESTAURANT & BAR, by Scott Conant - Celebrity Chef, serving lunch and dinner. Meet friends and colleagues at AMERICANO Bar and sip your way through our many handcrafted cocktails & craft bourbons. Or enjoy a workout in our fitness center or a swim in our outdoor saltwater pool. Pamper yourself in our newly-renovated InterContinental Spa at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta where we combine our expertise in growing and crafting pure and effective skin care with holistic therapies from around the world.
Deliver room service food and beverage orders to guest rooms; also assist in the maintenance of room service area and equipment.
Disclaimer: Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Your day to day
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers and serves food and beverages to hotel guest’s room; set up and serve the order in the guest’s room according to specifications and standards.
- Complete guest payment transactions as outlined in cash and charge procedures. Document legibly the guest’s order information on guest checks.
- Describe all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed. Work within policy to accommodate guests’ special food requests.
- Performs set-up and closing side-work; stock service station, make coffee, etc. Preset trays as necessary; prepare flatware “roll-ups”.
- Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate VIP deliveries with appropriate departments.
- May answer room service phones and record orders; utilize up-selling techniques to increase sales.
- May be required to retrieve trays from guest rooms and hallways within prescribed time period.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing, and math skills and food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations
This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the kitchen
- Handling food objects, products, and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, cooks, and supervisors.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we will offer you a competitive benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans. IND