Room Attendant-1-Holiday Inn French Quarter Chateau LeMoyne
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: unitedstates, louisiana
Hotel: Holiday Inn - French Quarter-Chateau LeMoyne (MSYCL)
Job number: R190407
At Intercontinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 3500 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
At Holiday Inn we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need team members to:
Be you – by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
Get ready – by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
Show you care – by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
Take action – by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Your day to day
As a Room Attendant – you’ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests after a busy day at work – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in - or get a bit of last minute work done.
- You’ll make sure our rooms are always at their best - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests
- Help guests - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example
- Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed
- Safety aware – follow our established safety procedures at all times - and wear protective equipment when needed
- Be organized - keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimize waste
- Reunite items with owners – and log any lost and found property
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects
- May have turndown duties
- May assist with other duties as assigned
What we need from you
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and or push/pulling heavy objects
- You’ll might need to bend and kneel to complete some activities
- Literacy skills - reading, writing and basic math skills
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.