Room Attendant (Full Time) - Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: United States, Texas, San Antonio
Hotel: San Antonio-Riverwalk (SATRW), 217 North St. Mary's Street, 78205
Job number: 103920
Do you see yourself as a Room Attendant? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, painting or gardening, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Our hotel is nestled along the beautiful banks of the San Antonio Riverwalk, as well as steps away from beautiful historical landmarks in the downtown area.
As a Room Attendant – you’ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests after a busy day at work – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in - or get a bit of last minute work done.
- You’ll make sure our rooms are always at their best - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests.
- Help guests - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs a toothbrush or directions for example.
- Keep your supervisor updated on room service progress and alert them to any repairs needed
- Safety aware – follow our established safety procedures at all times - and wear protective equipment when needed.
- Be organised - keep on top of supplies and amenities and always try to minimise waste.
- Reunite items with owners – and log any lost and found property.
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride.
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimise waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May have turndown duties.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Experiences
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important.
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and or push/pulling heavy objects.
- You’ll might need to bend and kneel to complete some activities.
- Literacy skills - reading, writing and basic math skills.
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. We offer free onsite parking, employee meals and so much more!
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.