Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Thailand, Nakhon Ratchasima, Pak Chong
Job number: EMEAA32450
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. Welcome to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand and IHG.
Designed by award-winning architect and interior designer Bill Bensley, the soon to open the InterContinental Khao Yai Resort is currently seeking for a Revenue Manager to join our opening team.
Your day to day
Handle the responsibility of completing the daily, weekly and monthly revenue checklist • Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Best Price Guarantee and managing third party distributors in compliance with IHG standards and rules
• Take an active role in the development of all rates, promotions, packages, and other selling strategies
• Prepare revenue management information/reports for all related meetings and other Ad Hoc reports as and when required
• Complete monthly P&L Review Reports and Presentations
• Review the fact book data and develop actions where necessary, in order to ensure the hotel maximizes on all opportunities available
• Monitor competitor pricing for all revenue generating departments, understand the dynamic of the local market and the demand generators, and recommend appropriate actions to the Revenue Room Taskforce in relation to the hotel’s pricing and market mix strategy.
• Responsible for tracking and analyzing of booking pace, group wash, cut off enforcement for groups as well as denied and regretted business
• Manage all channels (CRO, GDS, Internet direct and indirect) including but not limited to room types and sell strategy.
• Provide input to the annual budget process on all revenue aspects of the business.
• Using the tools provided (SBRP) and in compliance with the IHG standards, maintain, update and share information in the areas of a master calendar of external events, competitor rate intelligence, RevPar penetration (RGI), arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates (with the F&B Mgr), Loyalty program penetration both overall and by account (and for bookers), system contribution and trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues by channel, segment and account.
• Manage use of revenue systems* on a daily basis. This includes the responsibility for any manipulation of the yield hurdle points and daily inventory balancing where appropriate. Where a yield management system is not installed this includes responsibility for opening or closing Holidex Plus
• Guardian of SBRP. Ensure compliance with all SBRP rules and standard processes.
• Champion all special projects relating to market research and operational optimization (resource planning, costing, Key Performance Indicators and etc.). *Revenue systems include the central reservations systems Holidex Plus, the yield mgmt system (PERFORM, Concerto) and portions of the Property management system)
• Detailed analysis of Hotelligence report to identify and drive opportunities from the report
• Work closely with Corporate Office to roll out promotions to all major BTA and Consortia • Identifying marketing opportunities for BTA & Consortia (e.g. AMEX Preferred Extras, 500 bonus PCR points banner, etc)
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration or Business Administration, and have 3 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Previous Revenue Management or Pricing experience is preferred. Required Skills:
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Demonstrated knowledge of effective hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies, and ability to determine which concepts to apply in given market conditions • Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
• Good understanding on using Macro functionality in Excel.
• Good writing skills
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.