Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Jordan, Al Aqabah, Aqaba
Hotel: InterContinental - Aqaba (Resort Aqaba) (AQJHA)
Job number: EMEAA20324
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way. With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The primary responsibility of this role is to direct revenue management processes to maximize performance, profitability and return on investment by creating a positive and productive revenue environment and culture.
In co-operation with all revenue generating department heads, the role facilitates guides and directs these departments in selecting the optimum revenue opportunities for the hotel. Measures total revenue performance against strategy and target and re-aligns current strategy if required. Actively monitors competitive environment and devises tactics and strategies to maximize market share. Maintains the hotel’s revenue systems integrity at all times and ensures all linked systems are aligned at all times.
What we need from you
- Assesses, evaluates and implements revenue generation strategies to ensure the maximization of revenue with the revenue and yield-committee.
- Conducts Yield meetings.
- Establishes demand calendar for rooms and catering future pace.
- Using the tools provided (ie IBP) and in compliance with the IHG standards, maintains, updates and shares information in the areas of a master calendar of external events, competitor rate intelligence, RevPar penetration (RGI), arrival and spending patterns of commercial accounts, denial reports, meeting space allocation, guest capture rates (with the F&B Mgr), Loyalty program penetration both overall and by account (and for bookers), system contribution and trends in rooms and non-rooms revenues by channel, segment and account
- Determines hotel pricing policy for all segments reflecting market conditions can competitive environment in conjunction with each specialist head of department.
- Monitors group ceilings with forecast demand and approve all group and meeting request Outside of the specified guideline.
- Sets strategies for overbooking level during high period.
- Supports all departments with revenue related analysis as appropriate.
- Compiles month end analysis and commentary.
- Analyses lost business, conversion rates and lead-time in conjunction with Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Assess and reviews booking behaviors and trends impacting the hotel business.
- Supports DOSM in analyzing effectiveness of sales resources deployed and proposes adjustments as appropriate
BUDGET AND FORECAST
- Collecting and sharing market intelligence through autonomous research or tools such as STR.
- Compile & distribute daily, weekly & monthly reports to leadership as required and assist in preparation of various revenue meetings.
- Measures results weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually to define trends within the line of business and evaluates the impact of potential business opportunities.
- Runs monthly rooms forecasting process with key stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency of Price, Product and Promotion across all distribution channels and properties.
- Regularly re-evaluates package offering in line with performance and market expectations.
- Tracks room type performance and sales statistics daily and adjusts distribution strategy and selling price in order to maximize yield.
- Development of robust analytical tools by working with key partners to streamline processes for data governance.
- Manage relationships with key partners including Corporate Sales, Agent Sales, MICE, C&E Sales, Rooms Reservations and Finance. Develop and maintain positive service-oriented relationships with key domestic/international partners and clients (OTA, Wholesalers, etc).
- Completes analysis of existing products and providing recommendation of future development in order to maximize sales.
- Reviews GDS marketing opportunities and makes recommendations based on needs of the business.
- Analyzing future business trends and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Maximize and review upselling/overbooking opportunities for the hotel
What we offer
In return, we’ll give you a competitive salary and benefits package, hotel discounts across Jordan and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You’ll join a team passionate about delivering memorable experiences that make our guests feel special, making InterContinental Aqaba Resort a great place to work. Most importantly, we’ll give you Room to be yourself.