Retail Manager - Regent Santa Monica Beach Opening Late 2023
Hotel Brand: Regent
Location: United States, California, Santa Monica
Hotel: Santa Monica Beach (SMOOA), 1700 Ocean Avenue, 90401
Job number: 116833
Regent Santa Monica Beach—an IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG) property—lands in Santa Monica later this year as the first destination in the Americas.
Poised to open in late 2023, Regent Santa Monica Beach will usher in a new era of extraordinary experiences to the California coastline. The resort will set a new standard for modern upper luxury, bringing a fresh perspective to beachfront splendor and effortlessly bold experiences to become an iconic destination.
Regent Santa Monica Beach is set on a coveted coastline location, steps from the famed Santa Monica Pier. The resort will celebrate the beauty of unexpected harmony through contrasts, delivering inspired stays through a blend of serenity and a touch of decadence. The resort will feature sumptuous and tranquil rooms and suites, along with a stunning beachfront pool deck with multiple pools and a destination spa and wellness center. Additionally, Regent Santa Monica Beach will welcome guests from near and far with unforgettable epicurean experiences, including a restaurant concept created in collaboration with an acclaimed celebrity chef as well as an entrepreneur-driven café and artisanal marketplace. The location will also include a beautiful retail space featuring market items and high-quality products for the self and home.
The Retail Manager is responsible for leading our team in our artisanal marketplace. As the Retail Manager for the store within our luxurious 5-star hotel, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the retail operations and cafe. Your primary focus will be on managing a large staff, implementing effective merchandising strategies, and demonstrating strong financial aptitude to analyze and report on the store's financial performance. You will play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of our hotel's retail experience and ensuring a seamless shopping experience for our esteemed guests.
A little bit about your day:
Reporting to the Director of Restaurants, every day is different, but your essential functions will include the following:
- Provide Tools and Support needed for Marketplace and Café Management Team and Colleagues
- Analyze results through reporting, translating numbers into actionable behaviors and goals in order to improve KPI results.
- Take ownership of in-store operations, optimizing opportunity to improve operational efficiency.
- Ensuring replenishment is consistently up to date and in line with visual standards.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service.
- Set expectations and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward your role and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Communicate regularly with the management team concerning all aspects of sales, customer feedback/traffic and colleague training/performance.
- Participate in weekly store walk-throughs with the management team and follow-up as required.
- Coach, train & recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for all store colleagues to encourage professional growth and build talent within the team.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assess, discipline, document performance.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Retail Management, or a related field preferred
- Proven experience in managing a large retail staff in a luxury retail environment.
- Strong merchandising skills with a keen eye for design and detail.
- Excellent analytical and financial acumen, capable of interpreting and presenting financial data.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with staff, guests, and hotel management.
- Proficiency in using retail management software and point-of-sale systems.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed in a hotel environment.
What you can expect from us:
The annual pay range for this role is $105,000.00 to $95,000.00. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at Regent Santa Monica Beach. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. A team member’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.